ST-LINK Server

Rick Kimball

ST-LINK Server

Post by Rick Kimball » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Did anyone else notice the new checkbox in System Workbench for STM32 when you debug now? I'm talking about the "Shareable ST-Link" checkbox.
swb4stm32_dialog.png
swb4stm32_dialog.png (137 KiB) Viewed 319 times
If you look below the checkbox, it also detects the stlink devices I have plugged in. If you have multiple board plugged in you can easily select which one you use. It even has a button you can push and it will blink the led on the board so you can pick one out of a bunch of identical boards. This certainly makes it easier to debug with multiple boards.

To eable the "Shareable ST-Link" checkbox you need to install some software from the ST site. The software seems to run on windows, os/x, and linux:
https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/ ... erver.html

In the documentation, it talks about allowing multiple applications being able to access the st-link concurrently. I searched around for an Serial Wire Viewer application but didn't find one. Does anyone know anything more about his new software?
-rick

zmemw16

Re: ST-LINK Server

Post by zmemw16 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:14 pm

went off to (ac6)st.com and searched 'Serial Wire Viewer'; had to log in so i've not copied the link.
found STSW-STM32103, only license is listed as a resource :cry:

how useful i don't know, quick squint in the zip shows a number of 'tool' directories, each with source and header directories, there are also directories for EWARM and RVMDK for each tool.
<ed> WAG is prob code to link in that dumps to swd ??</ed>
stephen