[SOLVED] Upload problem via ST-Link V2

dROb

[SOLVED] Upload problem via ST-Link V2

Post by dROb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi Guys! I am just starting with the Bluepill STM32 board and ST-Link V2.
So, I installed the Arduino IDE, got the right set of the boards, and made my first example Blink to compile.

But, when I try to upload - strange thing happens. Arduino says everything is fine, upload completes in a second, but nothing is uploaded (the standard Blinker example is still there (if I understand things right - the board is fast blinking by the PC13 LED, like it was doing when before upload)

Here is the last line of the output. It tries to launch this batch file:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\dROb\Dropbox\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32/tools/win/stlink_upload.bat COM8 {upload.altID} {upload.usbID} C:\Users\dROb\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_261357/Blink.ino.bin 
When I try to manually launch the same with CMD, I get some strange set of errors telling me that I miss some dlls, including MFC100, MSVCP100, etc..
Havent found any single reference to this kind of problem. Please help :)

Another thing - my ST-Link does not have any COM port associated, so I havent picked any in Arduino IDE. And as I see it tries COM8 due to some reason...

victor_pv

Re: Upload problem

Post by victor_pv » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:06 pm

dROb wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:37 pm
Hi Guys! I am just starting with the Bluepill STM32 board and ST-Link V2.
So, I installed the Arduino IDE, got the right set of the boards, and made my first example Blink to compile.

But, when I try to upload - strange thing happens. Arduino says everything is fine, upload completes in a second, but nothing is uploaded (the standard Blinker example is still there (if I understand things right - the board is fast blinking by the PC13 LED, like it was doing when before upload)

Here is the last line of the output. It tries to launch this batch file:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\dROb\Dropbox\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32/tools/win/stlink_upload.bat COM8 {upload.altID} {upload.usbID} C:\Users\dROb\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_261357/Blink.ino.bin 
When I try to manually launch the same with CMD, I get some strange set of errors telling me that I miss some dlls, including MFC100, MSVCP100, etc..
Havent found any single reference to this kind of problem. Please help :)

Another thing - my ST-Link does not have any COM port associated, so I havent picked any in Arduino IDE. And as I see it tries COM8 due to some reason...
The com port is not needed for stlink upload, so it's ok that you didn't select any in the IDE, you can disregard that part.
Try to download the stlink GUI and run it to see if that runs and connects to your stlink and to the target correctly.

dROb

Re: Upload problem

Post by dROb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 am

Victor_pv, thanks for your help!
After installing GUI, both GUI and Arduino started to work as needed!
So it looks Arduino toolchain needs something from the GUI installation...