Father and Sonthesizer

FandSonthesizer

Father and Sonthesizer

Post by FandSonthesizer »

Hi y'all,
I am so glad, that this forum is back, thank you!

Some time ago my son and I started to build analog and digital modules for modular synthesizers, later we started a DIY youtube channel and our own web site:
https://fatherandsonthesizer.wordpress.com/

Everything is dedicated to DIY: so schematics, pcb layout, software all is downloadable from our web site.

In the beginning we used an arduino, but soon switched to build the digital modules around a blue pill. Why the blue pill? Because it is very cheap and quite powerful!

Stm32duino was a way to stay within the IDE I was using for the arduino and had the benefit of a huge library. Just when I was going to get comfortable working with the stm32F103 the forum went awol. :o
I was able to get things going by a lot of google time and thanks to github. So our projects could be completed. :D

Among the stuff we developed is a midi capable wavetable synthesizer module which can play 4 voices in paraphonic mode, and also is FM capable, then our 'Drum Fountain' a 3x16bit Drum sequencer that has a generative mode based on the turing machine algorithm ( an audio eurorack module). Here we use a LED strip to display the outgoing sequence signals.
And of course our 'Algorythm Drum' module. There we generate drum sounds like High Hat, Cymbal, Bells, well, you name it. All sounds are generated using software algorithms, no drum samples involved... With potentiometers on the front panel many parameters can be changed to generate new drum sounds. Really fun!

Check out our website for more things we have build.

My special thanks to Roger for the ground breaking work he did!

cheers,

Nils
Bingo600

Re: Father and Sonthesizer

Post by Bingo600 »

Thanx for sharing

But source on dropbox :(
I skipped looking at it

How about github ?

/Bingo
FandSonthesizer

I know Bingo,
dropbox is not the best solution...
Just never got the time to setup a github account. But it is on my ToDo list! :)
I hope I can set it up this year.

In my developement environment I use GIT as version control, so I just hope github is similar...

Cheers,
Nils
Bingo600

Post by Bingo600 »

FandSonthesizer

Thanks,
I'll take a look!

Cheers,
Nils