Error when Using Arduino 1.8.5 - ccplus too many filename

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013, Em::Blocks etc
gdjsky01

Error when Using Arduino 1.8.5 - ccplus too many filename

Post by gdjsky01 »

In keeping with the FAQs I'll try and not waste your time. I did a search in this forum for ccplus. Nothing came up

I am running Arduino 1.8.5 on Windows 10
I have the STM32 2.0.0. board definitions installed

I am trying to simply compile (nothing more, just the 'verify button), the blink sketch for a generic STM32F1 little blue pill.

I get the following error.

Code: Select all

Alternatives for @C: []cc1plus.exe: error: too many filenames given.  Type cc1plus.exe --help for usage

ResolveLibrary(@C)
  -> candidates: []cc1plus.exe: fatal error: @C:\Windows\TEMP\ccSG3Lbb: Invalid argument

compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic STM32F7 series.
I have removed the IDE and uninstalled the STM32 boards definitions and then reinstalled both. Same error.
I unzipped the IDE to F:\arduino so the path would not have spaces.
I tried a different STM32 board (a Nuecleo F767). Same issue.
I removed mingw32 which had been installed by Choco. Same issue.
Ideas?
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Re: Error when Using Arduino 1.8.5 - ccplus too many filename

Post by mrburnette »

gdjsky01 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:23 am ...
I am running Arduino 1.8.5 on Windows 10
I have the STM32 2.0.0. board definitions installed
I would suspect an "environmental" issue with your specific installation; likely a path string with an embedded space. All Arduino tools should shell into the OS without 'spaces' embedded in the paths. As the IDE passes the environment to the runline shell environment, it is difficult to catch these concerns. Make certain you have preferences in the IDE set to verbose and carefully view the echo'd commands in the IDE output pane.

Note, you can ctrl+a to select and copy the full output and paste it into your text editor for easy viewing.

I use both Linux-64 and Win-10 64-bit and with the latest .15 IDE version. No issues on my 3 dev boxes.

I would suggest that perhaps your Win environment has a more complex configuration (advanced) than the generic OS installation of Windows and the ArduinoIDE. Multiple harddisk partitions, custom logical drives, drive mapping, custom installation, etc. are all suspect.

Return to “IDE's”