Compile Error on VisualMicro and New Core

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
DrBanana

Compile Error on VisualMicro and New Core

Post by DrBanana »

I have downloaded the Version 2.0 through Arduino IDE and selected Nucleo 144 Board to upload.
If I have nothing in sketch, the upload is successfull but as soon as I add a led turn on code, it start showing error.
ld.exe: SrcWrapper\stm32\analog.cpp.o: in function dac_stop
analog.cpp*: (.text.dac_stop+0x34): undefined reference to PinMap_DAC

Error linking for board Nucleo-144
Build failed for project 'Test Project'

ld.exe: SrcWrapper\stm32\analog.cpp.o: in function pwm_stop
analog.cpp*: (.text.pwm_stop+0x58): undefined reference to PinMap_TIM

ld.exe: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\VMBuilds\Test Project\STMicroelectronics_Nucleo_144\Release\core.a(wiring_digital.c.o): in function pinMode
wiring_digital.c*: (.text.pinMode+0xd0): undefined reference to PinMap_DAC
ld.exe: wiring_digital.c:(.text.pinMode+0xd8): undefined reference to PinMap_TIM

ld.exe: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\VMBuilds\Test Project\STMicroelectronics_Nucleo_144\Release\core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o): in function HardwareSerial::HardwareSerial(void*, HalfDuplexMode_t)
HardwareSerial.cpp*: (.text._ZN14HardwareSerialC2EPv16HalfDuplexMode_t+0x6c): undefined reference to PinMap_UART_RX
ld.exe: HardwareSerial.cpp:(.text._ZN14HardwareSerialC2EPv16HalfDuplexMode_t+0x70): undefined reference to PinMap_UART_TX

collect2.exe*: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Anyone have any idea how to fix it ?

Edit :
The arduino IDE uploads blink sketch without any problem. Seems like problem in VisualMicro.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Compile Error on VisualMicro and New Core

Post by fpiSTM »

Seems you has an issue with your update.
2.0.0 rename the PinMap_PWM to PinMap_TIM but kept old name for backward compatibility.

Code: Select all

/* For backward compatibilty */
#define PinMap_PWM PinMap_TIM
extern const PinMap PinMap_TIM[];
DrBanana

Re: Compile Error on VisualMicro and New Core

Post by DrBanana »

I moved the STMicroelectronics from packages to an isolated location and reinstalled it through VisualMicro and it works. Compared both folders and found nothing different.

Return to “General discussion”