Board selection for Iteadmaple / Serial usage

Maple Rev3, Maple Rev 5 and Maple Ret 6, iTead Maple etc
jrullan

Board selection for Iteadmaple / Serial usage

Post by jrullan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi,

I recently got an Iteadmaple v1.0 from Itead.cc which is very inexpensive for @ 5.80USD. After being able to load a program from Arduino IDE into it (a simple blink sketch) I tried to use the Serial monitor in Arduino IDE but it returns an error to the console saying that the port is busy.

Now for more intrigue, the IDE lists three types of Maple boards: Maple Mini, Maple (Rev 3), Maple (RET6).

I can use either of them to load the program but:
1. With Maple Mini, the program doesn't work
2. With Maple (Rev 3) and (RET6) the program loads and run (I see the blinking light)
3. With Maple (Rev 3) the serial gives error:

Code: Select all

Error opening serial port '/dev/ttyACM0'. (Port busy)
4. With Maple (RET6) the serial monitor gives:

Board at '/dev/ttyACM0' is not available. 
So..., do anyone have any idea what is the problem and if I'm using the correct board?

EDIT:
Turns out that the correct board for the Iteadmaple v1.0 is the Maple (Rev 3). After loading the program I had to wait until it got into runtime and then close the Arduino serial monitor. When I open the Arduino Serial monitor again it showed the Serial.prints. However, interestingly I noted that if I have a loop sending messages through serial.print and I close the Arduino serial monitor the program stops. (I used the blink sketch, and added a Serial.println("Blinking") in between blinks). The blinking stopped a few seconds after I closed the Serial monitor. When I open the serial monitor again the blinking resumes. Do anyone have an idea why? It looks like a buffer issue.

Pito

Re: Board selection for Iteadmaple / Serial usage

Post by Pito » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Serial.begin(115200);
// wait on USB is ready
while (!Serial.isConnected()){};
Pukao Hats Cleaning Services Ltd.

zmemw16

Re: Board selection for Iteadmaple / Serial usage

Post by zmemw16 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:43 pm

that's for starting setup, istr a usb serial performance, usb serial buffer size and desired behavior thread.

stephen