Iteadmaple 1.0 USB

Maple Mini, Maple Rev3, Maple Rev 5 and Maple Ret 6, iTead Maple etc
LukPe

Iteadmaple 1.0 USB

Post by LukPe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi,

I managed to flash maple_rev5_boot20.bin bootloader on my Iteadmaple, and can upload a Blink script over Serial in Arduino IDE, but when I connect it by USB cable nothing happens. The power is on, but the device doesn't show up in device manager (Windows 10). On the original Maple Leaf bootloader the device is shown as Maple DFU.

Any ideas, why this happens?

stevestrong

Re: Iteadmaple 1.0 USB

Post by stevestrong » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 pm

If you upload over serial, any previous code will be erased.
So first upload the bootloader over serial, then only upload over usb dfu.

LukPe

Post by LukPe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:28 am

The USB connection doesn't work after uploading the bootloader. The LED blinks like in DFU mode, but still nothing shows up in the device manager. There is no port to choose from in Arduino IDE either.

edogaldo

Post by edogaldo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:23 am

LukPe wrote:The USB connection doesn't work after uploading the bootloader. The LED blinks like in DFU mode, but still nothing shows up in the device manager. There is no port to choose from in Arduino IDE either.
Maybe this post can help: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=650&start=10#p25970

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:00 am

LukPe wrote:The USB connection doesn't work after uploading the bootloader. The LED blinks like in DFU mode, but still nothing shows up in the device manager. There is no port to choose from in Arduino IDE either.
You don't need any COM port to select for uploading over USB DFU.
The device manager recognizes the board as DFU device, which allows you to upload new software.

LukPe

Post by LukPe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 am

edogaldo wrote:
Maybe this post can help: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=650&start=10#p25970
Thanks, I will definitely try that ;)
stevestrong wrote:
You don't need any COM port to select for uploading over USB DFU.
The device manager recognizes the board as DFU device, which allows you to upload new software.
But there is no port to choose from in Arduino IDE, and you have to choose something to upload a sketch. And, as I mentioned, the USB DFU doesn't work either.

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 am

LukPe wrote:But there is no port to choose from in Arduino IDE, and you have to choose something to upload a sketch. And, as I mentioned, the USB DFU doesn't work either.
No, it is not necessary to choose a COM port.
Have you selected the upload method to "STM32duino bootloader"?
Please post here the content of the Arduino message window when you try to upload.
And the device must show up in the device manager, maybe as an "unidentified USB device"? In this case it may be an USB driver problem.

LukPe

Post by LukPe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 am

stevestrong wrote: No, it is not necessary to choose a COM port.
Have you selected the upload method to "STM32duino bootloader"?
Please post here the content of the Arduino message window when you try to upload.
And the device must show up in the device manager, maybe as an "unidentified USB device"? In this case it may be an USB driver problem.
There is no new device in the device after the board is plugged in. I don't think that it's a driver problem, because on stock bootloader the device is recognized as USB DFU.

This is the upload message:
maple_loader v0.1
Resetting to bootloader via DTR pulse
Reset via USB Serial Failed! Did you select the right serial port?
Searching for DFU device [1EAF:0003]...
Assuming the board is in perpetual bootloader mode and continuing to attempt dfu programming...

dfu-util - (C) 2007-2008 by OpenMoko Inc.
Couldn't find the DFU device: [1EAF:0003]
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

LukPe

Post by LukPe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:03 am

edogaldo wrote:Maybe this post can help: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=650&start=10#p25970
It didn't help. I managed to compile the bootloader with the changed config.h, but everything is the same.
Last edited by LukPe on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:13 am

LukPe wrote:Assuming the board is in perpetual bootloader mode and continuing to attempt dfu programming...
When this message appears, try to reset the board. You have ~5 seconds to do that, the flasher will wait so long for the DFU port.

OTOH, checking the schematic, I see PC11 named as "USB-P" connected to a resistor divider. What could be the reason? Is it possible to control the USB with this pin? Control in which way?

According to some reviews here, the rest button must be pressed after upload. So it seems that reset is an important button ;)