Programming MM with ST Link V2?

Maple Mini, Maple Rev3, Maple Rev 5 and Maple Ret 6, iTead Maple etc
visinet

Programming MM with ST Link V2?

Post by visinet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 pm

I have been working with Blue Pills for a while with no problem and just received some Baite MMs to play with. Problem is that I can not get my ST Link V2 to connect to the MM. Never had any issues with BP but can't for the life of me get it to work with MM. I have connected to PA13, PA14, Gnd but no luck. Am I missing something? Could be that the board is DOA but I don't know how to figure that out. When I power it up I don't get any LED blink to indicate that the thing in running. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rick Kimball

Re: Programming MM with ST Link V2?

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:55 pm

google search site:stm32duino.com CONFIG_MAPLE_MINI_NO_DISABLE_DEBUG
-rick

visinet

Post by visinet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:34 pm

At this point I am just trying to figure out if unit is DOA. BTW I am not using Arduino. I am just going to program with straight up c code. I can't get any of the ST Link utilities to connect via either JTAG/SW or direct connection to UART1.

When trying to connect using UART1 and the ST Link Flash Loader utility I have BOOT1 tied to GND and BOOT0 tied to VCC and then press reset. This should cause the ST default boot loader to monitor UART1 for connection for a few seconds and allow the ST Flash Loader to connect to the chip but this is failing to connect. This works no problem with my BP boards. Shouldn't this work, or am I missing something that the MM board boot loader is doing to cause these problems?

Thanks again.

Pito

Post by Pito » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Does your STLink work with BP fine?
I did STLink flashing via PA13/14 many times (MM Baite) with no problems.
There are some settings in STLink Utility -> Target you may try to mess with it (ie Reset Mode, Read out protection, etc).
Set "Connect under Reset".
Pukao Hats Cleaning Services Ltd.

visinet

Post by visinet » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Murphy's law as usual. Unit was DOA and just happened to be the first one out of the 5 I bought that I pulled out and started testing with. All the other units work fine and program with no problem. As usual, what should have taken 10min took 5 hours. This being my first experience with the MM I did not know how to easly tell if it was DOA. I finally found a quick start guide that stated how when connected to USB the unit's LED will blink. Had I known that to start with, I could have quickly identified the unit as DOA and moved on to the next one and saved me 5 hours. Now we will have to see how reliable these are. Visually they look great, cleaner/better than the BP boards I have been playing with over the past year. However, I like the layout of the BP boards better, but that would most likely not be the case if I was using the USB port.

Thanks for all the support :D