STM32F407 Discovery Compiling Issues

Limited support for STM32F4 Discovery, Nucleo and custom F4 boards
Sandrine

Re: STM32F407 Discovery Compiling Issues

Post by Sandrine » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Oh I hope so!

It's audio data 16bit, 48Ks/s in stereo. Effectively to dump the RAM directly from the bus

martinayotte

Post by martinayotte » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:44 pm

That is making 192KBytes/sec, if I'm not wrong, normal SDCard on Hardware SPI should then be able to handle that.

Sandrine

Post by Sandrine » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 am

Yes it can, but it's a RAM dump not record/play in real time as that's already been done. The audio is modified then place on the SD Card when done. I'd like a few seconds at most as I have an Akai MPX-8 that takes as long as the sample plays to load so there's this huge wait time (really poor planning on their part) for 8 samples. Even drum samples take forever :?

Sandrine

Post by Sandrine » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:49 am

On compiling I get this stream of errors:

Code: Select all

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows XP), Board: "STM32 Discovery F407"

WARNING: Category '' in library RTClock is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library UIPEthernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Warning: platform.txt from core 'STM32F4 boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: and: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Settings\FreshNelly\My: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/inc: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Class/cdc/inc: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/STM32_USB_OTG_Driver/inc: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32-master\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/VCP: No such file or directory
exit status 1
Error compiling for board STM32 Discovery F407.
------------------------------------------------------------
I can see that the spaces are messing things up, so my question is
How can I port over to just root C:? Must I port the whole Arduino directory?
Sorry to be a pain, but Arduinos file layout has always confounded me :|

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:01 am

Check and empty sketch or Blink etc compiles OK, as it looks like the issue you are seeing are nothing to do with the STM32 stuff but are a limitation of the Arduino IDE, in that it doesn't seem to accept spaces in file names

I'd intially rename all your files and folders to replace the spaces with underscores.

I'd go so far as to say, I never use spaces in file names when programming, as there are many programs and scripts etc which don't allow spaces in file names.

I'd get into the habit of using underscores instead of spaces.

martinayotte

Post by martinayotte » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:23 am

Poor MS-Sh$t ! Poor Arduino.cc for those Windows spaces in path bugs that last since several releases ! We have also another thread about that in the same day ! I thought that 1.6.9 had resolved all those bug !
Viva Linux !!!
(@Ray, you don't have all those bugs since you've been Linuxified, right ? :lol: )

Sandrine

Post by Sandrine » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:11 am

RogerClark wrote:Check and empty sketch or Blink etc compiles OK, as it looks like the issue you are seeing are nothing to do with the STM32 stuff but are a limitation of the Arduino IDE, in that it doesn't seem to accept spaces in file names

I'd intially rename all your files and folders to replace the spaces with underscores.

I'd go so far as to say, I never use spaces in file names when programming, as there are many programs and scripts etc which don't allow spaces in file names.

I'd get into the habit of using underscores instead of spaces.
I also do in practice, but that's MS with their spaces in everything. I can't really change it for My[space]Documents or everything else that links there won't work. I was just wondering if it's OK generally to move Arduino Sketchbook folder to the root. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Sandrine

Post by Sandrine » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:22 am

I have moved the sketch book directory to C:\ and it's working!! No more spaces. Just the standard warnings.

mrburnette

Post by mrburnette » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:32 am

martinayotte wrote: <...>
(@Ray, you don't have all those bugs since you've been Linuxified, right ? :lol: )
Not a single issue since I killed off my Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit in December over the holiday. I started New Years on Linux Mint 17.3. Throughout 1Q16, I migrated my back-up dev box (a Dell notebook) to Linux, migrated the home server to Linux, and finally the back-up server to Linux. No issues.

Now... a disclaimer: I was trained in UNIX System 5 back in 1990; but I never used the training, rather I supervised admins.

But, as an ex-MCSE in Windows servers and desktops and networks, I can truely say that the move to Linux was painless. Highly recommended... but do spend a few quality hours reading the excellent documentation.

Ray

martinayotte

Post by martinayotte » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Sandrine wrote:I have moved the sketch book directory to C:\ and it's working!! No more spaces. Just the standard warnings.
Good !
Just in case someone still wish to put things in "My Documents", there is always still the possibility to use "mklink.exe" to create a link somewhere with a path without spaces.