STM32F407 Discovery Compiling Issues

Limited support for STM32F4 Discovery, Nucleo and custom F4 boards
RogerClark

Re: STM32F407 Discovery Compiling Issues

Postby RogerClark » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Most users do not have a problem with using the default location for the Arduino folder, so I suspect there is something else going on.

It would be interesting to know if AVR code compiles in the location where the STM32 code doesnt

Sandrine

Postby Sandrine » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:44 pm

Sure everything has always compiled, even though Arduino IDE itself is allergic to any non-alpha characters other than underscore or hyphen. Leading numbers are also a no no. But it appears the STM code isn't using relative paths so ...

One thing that is possibly different is I have 2 other versions of Arduino IDE in program files/Atmel folder, but V.1.69 is in default folder

Sandrine

Postby Sandrine » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

RogerClark wrote:Some F103 versions have SDIO, but it is only available on the F103RC or better e.g F103RE, F103Vxx and F103Zxx

unfortunately we do not have any code for libmaple that supports it.

But...

There are 2 possibilities to remedy this shortcomming.

Arduino.cc are working on SDIO code for the STAR OTTO and it will be published to github, we can then take this code and port it into the HAL MX core.
(@vassilis has already, kindly, ported the STAR OTTO I2C (Wire) library to the HAL MX core)

Alternatively, I made an experimental HAL library for the libmaple F103 code, so it may be possible to use STMs example SDIO code ( which uses the HAL) by making use of the HAL library.

But, the bottom line is at the moment, we do not have support for SDIO :-(

Does anyone know of any progress on the SDIO front?

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Arduino.cc were working on an SDIO library, but they have not emailed me to say it has been released

You could check the Arduino.cc github repo to see if there have been any updates.

Return to “STM32F4 Boards”