Seeed Arch Max

Limited support for STM32F4 Discovery, Nucleo and custom F4 boards
martinayotte

Re: Seeed Arch Max

Postby martinayotte » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:42 pm

stevestrong wrote:Should we add a special entry to this board in the Wiki?

There will one as soon as we have good experiment.
In my case, I've only received my board yesterday afternoon, so I didn't get change to really play with it yet.

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:24 pm

I've took some time today to work with that board (after I became confident that original firmware was correctly backed up).
I've started new Buffet sketch a bit like the one I have on Netduino2Plus :

- The on-board LED is correctly blinking (at a perfect rate, not 15x slower like @ddrown experimented)
- The USBSerial perfectly working, so all my usual TelnetServer shell commands are accessible.
- The SDCard is perfectly running (although I don't like the card holder, I prefer pushin-pushout ones)

Next step is to make the networking running ...
Not a trivial task, I presume, we will have probably to start from scratch while getting inspired by mBed.

EDIT : btw, the board price went back to original $39.95 price. Lucky are those like me who got it at $19.95 ... ;)

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:23 am

Martin

My board arrived today, but I've not had chance to do anything except work out which USB port is the mass storage device.

I saw the price had gone up on the listing page, about a week ago, but when I clicked to get more information, the price was $19 (rather than $39)
Which is really strange. As if their shopping cart maintains 2 separate prices for each item, depending on which page its being viewed from
(looks like a bug).

I wonder why they were selling them at half price for a while, This may have also been a bug / mistake which has now been corrected.

mrburnette

Postby mrburnette » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:02 pm

RogerClark wrote:<...>
As if their shopping cart maintains 2 separate prices for each item, depending on which page its being viewed from
(looks like a bug).
<...>

I suspect this is not a bug, but a feature. I have found that if I am traveling abroad and want to rent a car or reserve a hotel, I can get huge discounts simply by logging into the global car or hotel site using a European domain or a UK domain (essentially, most of the EU countries.) I am talking hundred of dollars per night for the same room.

So, if you are going into a shopping portal, it makes perfect sense to me to have separate price schedules available as an option. Essentially, the back-end database does all the work anyway. Also, there may be some payment made to sites that refer a customer who completes a purchase.

Ray

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Ray

I know Amazon, prices differently depending on your profile, so not logging in can give different prices, as does using a new account (which supposedly gives better deals to get you hooked)

Re: Car hire etc in Europe

I think the EU recently had a court ruling, basically against Expedia, whose contract forbid any hotel etc, who signs up to Expedia, to offer a cheaper deal when dealing direct with the customer.

So apparently, in the EU its now a lot cheaper to go directly to the hotel's website, as Expedia recently hiked their surcharges.

Note. this is not personal experience, its information I got from the consumer show from the state broadcaster here in Aus (the ABC). (same name as in the US but an entirely different organisation ;-)

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:52 am

Martin

Do you know which pin the LED is on ?

I've tried using PD13 as listed in the Arch Max wiki http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Arch_Max but nothing was flashing, so as I have an MBED account, I tried compiling their blink demo for this board, but its not flashing anything either.

I'm just uploading via the mass storage device, for both the Arduino code and also the MBED code.

BTW. In the development branch I added the recipe to enable the IDE to Export Compiled Binary.

Anyway. According to the schematic PDF, there is a LED on SPI3_SCK, which is not PD13, its on PC10.

But I tried that as well, and it didnt flash the LED either .

I will need to attach a meter to one of the pins and make it go High and Low slowly and see if I can track down if the board is working at all

Anyway, the HAL_F407 library is committed if you want to take a look (but I have not been able to test it, as I can't get the board to work with MBED yet)

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Roger,

The LED nearby the RJ45 is connected to PB3 (yes, effectively, it is SPI3_SCK)
I got it working on plain ArduinoSTM F407 as well as in mBed.
(BTW, I don't see any other LEDs than this one, so PC10 is only SDIO_D2 header and PD13 is also only on the header.)

For the new HAL_F407, I will take a look, especially that it will probably be required for the Ethernet.
I've got the Ethernet working, but only under mBed, this new HAL will probably help to integrate it with Arduino.

denis

Postby denis » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:45 pm

I own this board. The led is connected to PB_3 which is also call on mbed: LED1 or D13 (without P).
On my mac, copy the binary in MBED directory does not work. To upload bin file, I need to use openocd.

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:37 pm

BTW, the mBed MassStorage is wokring on Linux, but not all the time, sometime it is hangup at the middle of the upload process, in those case, I need to power-recycle and start again.
We can also use DFU mode if BOOT0/BOOT1 are properly set.
For Serial Uploads, I wasn't able to get it working yet, neither with stm32loader.py or stm32flash.

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Thanks guys

I could not see any LEDs flashing even using the binary from mbed, which I uploaded via mass storage.

When I drop a file onto the mass storage, LEDs flash during the upload and then the board seems to reset, or perhaps just the mass storage resets.

I am not sure how I could upload via OpenOCD, as I thought the SWD lines were permanently connected to the NXP device.

I will try connecting via Serial to USART1, and make sure nothing is connected to the USB OTG

Return to “STM32F4 Boards”