Re: 1Bitsy Kickstarter Small F4 Board

Postby RogerClark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:37 am

Paypal button doesnt work

I've raised an issue

Rick Kimball

Postby Rick Kimball » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:51 pm

RogerClark wrote:Paypal button doesnt work

You are right. It fails on on my tablet. I used this yesterday and today from my desktop computer and it worked OK. Seems to be a mobile only problem.

-rick
-rick

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Tried it from W7 in Firefox and got the error

Paypal seemed to suggest it was an invalid or malformed link

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Bit if a cross post...

But I was intending to publish my code for the BMP to run on the Baite STLink ( as that device uses a F103C8)

But if I did that, there is a strong possibility that Baite will just download my binary and start selling the same hardware as STLinks, at the same price ( around $3)
which would undercut the kickstarter BMP price.

Edit.

various news stories about similar things

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=chin ... ent=safari

blackt1ger

Postby blackt1ger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Can somebody talk about the 1Bitsy??????

FYI: I'm a backer, for an early bird BMP and 1Bitsy. I'm curious to see how the 1Bitsy compares against the Teensy 3.2. Also have the Teensy 3.6, STM32F407 Discovery and STM32F469 Discovery and a Netduino 2 Plus. :) As you can see, I'm getting away from Microchp PIC and AVR, but still have a soft spot for ESP8266 and hopefully will be getting an ESP32 soon.

The 1Bitsy appears to be in the $25 price range, close to the Teensy 3.2 at $19 and the Maple Remix from Olimex at around $20.

victor_pv

Postby victor_pv » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:47 pm

RogerClark wrote:Bit if a cross post...

But I was intending to publish my code for the BMP to run on the Baite STLink ( as that device uses a F103C8)

But if I did that, there is a strong possibility that Baite will just download my binary and start selling the same hardware as STLinks, at the same price ( around $3)
which would undercut the kickstarter BMP price.

Edit.

various news stories about similar things

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=chin ... ent=safari

I think you could send it to the BMP guys, so THEY can order supercheap stlink clone boards from China, program and protect them to avoid cloning, and sell as a second option hopefully at a bit more affordable price thanks to the cheap hardware cost.

They can still offer their standard source code free for anyone willing to spend his time in adapting it to certain hardware, but at the same time profit from people willing to pay a few bucks more to avoid the effort, while taking advantage of supercheap mass produced hardware.

Personally I have not tried using BMP, but this thread including that link provides food for thought.
Even when it comes to this project.
I think once a year we should try to do some fundraising to help at least foot the hosting bill, something like what wikipedia does.

ahull

Postby ahull » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:36 pm

blackt1ger wrote:Can somebody talk about the 1Bitsy??????

FYI: I'm a backer, for an early bird BMP and 1Bitsy. I'm curious to see how the 1Bitsy compares against the Teensy 3.2. Also have the Teensy 3.6, STM32F407 Discovery and STM32F469 Discovery and a Netduino 2 Plus. :) As you can see, I'm getting away from Microchp PIC and AVR, but still have a soft spot for ESP8266 and hopefully will be getting an ESP32 soon.

The 1Bitsy appears to be in the $25 price range, close to the Teensy 3.2 at $19 and the Maple Remix from Olimex at around $20.

Let us know when you get your hands on one. I'd be interested to see how it stacks up against the competition.
- Andy Hull -

Return to “STM32F4 Boards”