Bluepill with STM32F4

Limited support for STM32F4 Discovery, Nucleo and custom F4 boards
racemaniac

Re: Bluepill with STM32F4

Postby racemaniac » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:07 am

I've been using it a bit more yesterday, seems to be working well :)
i'm experimenting with its i2s hardware, and it's also working :). (but my i2s chip i'm using isn't >_<. it's going to drive me crazy :p ).
ah well, i've got a couple of others to try with too, mission for the weekend: get A i2s DAC properly working :p.

victor_pv

Postby victor_pv » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Rick Kimball wrote:It seems like there are a couple of lqfp 48 parts available in the stm32l4xx line, the stm32l433cct6 and the stm32l443cct6. These don't have as much ram or flash (64k/256k) but might be an easier replacement, * assuming the pin outs are the same * Both are a step up from the f103's 20k

I wonder if you can just buy the bluepill pcb?

-rick

I think those MCUs are the ones Grumpyoldpizza is developing the core for.

But in that case, better than desolder, solder, etc, may be worth to just buy one of their boards. The kickstarter failed, but the boards have none the least been finished and made available in Tindie, and the core seems to be quite advanced already.
https://www.tindie.com/stores/TleraCorp/

racemaniac

Postby racemaniac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:59 pm

racemaniac wrote:I've been using it a bit more yesterday, seems to be working well :)
i'm experimenting with its i2s hardware, and it's also working :). (but my i2s chip i'm using isn't >_<. it's going to drive me crazy :p ).
ah well, i've got a couple of others to try with too, mission for the weekend: get A i2s DAC properly working :p.

Just as a small update on this: my f411 bluepill seems to be working well :). Switched to another I2S DAC (TDA1387), and it's giving me very good results :).
and another bonus to using this little DAC is that it doesn't require a master clock, so i've got all 4 sdio data pins free on the 411 and can use it together with an sd card at high speeds (but that is a project for another few weekends :p. i have yet to explore its SDIO port :) ).

I'm wondering if any other people here are willing to give it a try :). it results in a very affordable but also powerful little board XD.

victor_pv

Postby victor_pv » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:20 pm

racemaniac wrote:
racemaniac wrote:I've been using it a bit more yesterday, seems to be working well :)

Just as a small update on this: my f411 bluepill seems to be working well :). Switched to another I2S DAC (TDA1387), and it's giving me very good results :).
and another bonus to using this little DAC is that it doesn't require a master clock, so i've got all 4 sdio data pins free on the 411 and can use it together with an sd card at high speeds (but that is a project for another few weekends :p. i have yet to explore its SDIO port :) ).

I'm wondering if any other people here are willing to give it a try :). it results in a very affordable but also powerful little board XD.

I have a nucleo 411 seating in a box, what core are you using for the f411, or are you just using the HALmx?

racemaniac

Postby racemaniac » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:23 pm

victor_pv wrote:
racemaniac wrote:

I have a nucleo 411 seating in a box, what core are you using for the f411, or are you just using the HALmx?

i'm indeed using cubemx to generate code :).
felt like i had outgrown the arduino api a bit :). and using the code generator + visual studio as IDE, it really works great :D.

ag123

Postby ag123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 am

there is a thread on 'tiny' stm32f4 boards here
http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1977
as well

one of the smallest and well designed development boards with many pins broken out is possibly the micropython boards
https://store.micropython.org/#/products/PYBv1_1
various other boards is reviewed in the 'tiny stm32f4' boards thread above

for the f4 (f405, f407) boards, i think the soc itself makes up the bulk of the cost itself as it is after all a rather complex and rather large soc ( compared to the f1) default config with 196k sram and 512 - 1m flash

ag123

Postby ag123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 am

Return to “STM32F4 Boards”