"STM32 Discovery F407" Error compiling

Limited support for STM32F4 Discovery, Nucleo and custom F4 boards
RogerClark

Re: "STM32 Discovery F407" Error compiling

Postby RogerClark » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:13 am

1.6.5 was previously the last version that was supported, but when 1.6.9 came out, we found that they'd fixed the problems that they (the IDE dev team) had introduced in 1.6.6

I just tested that the F407 compiles OK under 1.6.9

Did you read the FAQ ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=873

DId you install the Due first so that the IDE has the ARM compiler

cimd

Postby cimd » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Yes, I already had the Due installed as I also own one. I even tried downgrading it to the same version you showed in the video you mentioned. Yet the STM32-Arduino is not recognized by the IDE.

I don't think the issue is about compiling though. When I moved the STM32-Arduino folder into the program files folder, it was compiling. I was just getting include errors due to the change on the installation folder. I tried changing the link reference on the core files, and the compiler was recognizing the files once updated. But there are so many files... :oops: too much of a work.

I also find it very strange you are using this C:\Users\Ingo\Documents\Arduino\hardware folder. I'd never used it before. None of the boards I install on the IDE are installed in this folder. They all go into here: C:\Users\Ingo\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages.

Anyway, I'm using windows 10. I currently have the IDE 1.6.9. And due 1.6.8 installed. I'll keep trying ...

cimd

Postby cimd » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Update: I was watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6q6NidS5w and on minute 2:35 of the video I understood what I was doing wrong. :D He installed the STM32-Arduino folder in the ~/Arduino/hardware folder, and not on the C:\Users\Ingo\Documents\Arduino\hardware.

And the thing is that I have changed the standard sketch folder of the IDE to my google drive folder, hence the IDE not recognizing the C:\Users\Ingo\Documents\Arduino. Roger, maybe it is worth mentioning on the installation instructions that it should be installed on the sketches/hardware folder, and not on the C:\Users\Ingo\Documents\Arduino folder, as some dumb people like myself might change that. :)

Now I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

AVISO: A categoria '' na biblioteca RTClock é invalida. Definindo para 'Uncategorized'
AVISO: A categoria '' na biblioteca SPI é invalida. Definindo para 'Uncategorized'
AVISO: A categoria '' na biblioteca UIPEthernet é invalida. Definindo para 'Uncategorized'
Aviso: platform.txt do núcleo '[0}' contém algo depreciado (recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"), automaticamente convertido para recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Considere atualizar este núcleo.
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Drive\1: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Projetos\0: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Arduino\Sketches\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Arduino\Sketches\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/inc: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Arduino\Sketches\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Class/cdc/inc: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Arduino\Sketches\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/STM32_USB_OTG_Driver/inc: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Arduino\Sketches\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\cores\maple/libmaple/usbF4/VCP: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Erro compilando para a placa STM32 Discovery F407

But it seems to be an issue with the spaces on the folder names. I'll see what I can do about that.

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\cores\maple/wirish.h:37:22: fatal error: libmaple.h: No such file or directory

With this kind of error, it looks like the IDE has problem to parse the directory path, maybe related to "C:\Program Files (x86)" itself, probably the parenthesis.

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:15 pm

But it seems to be an issue with the spaces on the folder names. I'll see what I can do about that.

That is another IDE bug mentioned in the beginning of the current thread by someone last year.

cimd

Postby cimd » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:21 pm

HOORAY! We never forget a first blink led. :-)

Ok, guys. I made it to work, thanks to you.

Do you guys need any support / volunteering work to be done on the F4 development? Let me know if I can help, and if its in my knowledge level. :D

PS: I can even use Visual Micro on MS Visual Studio.

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:49 pm

@cimd

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree I should say to install in the Arduino sketches folder, but there are many people using linux and osx, which is why I just say the "Arduino" folder, as its location changes depending on which OS you used.

Re:Visual Micro

Yes. Visual Micro have registered with this forum, and they provide good support for Stm32

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 am

@cimd, Glad to you got up and running with F4 !

For the community, I would ask you to provide details of experience, because I can't figure out what was the steps that bring you for failures to success.
(was it to simply change Install path ? moving folders around ?)
This will greatly help any newcomers on the forum ...

cimd

Postby cimd » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:52 am

@martinayotte

Glad to help. Here is an installation instruction: https://github.com/cimd/STM32F4-DISCO

I'll see how I can improve it tomorrow (feedbacks are always welcome). It's kinda late here.

Return to “STM32F4 Boards”