[SOLVED] VISUINO - Issue with SD lib

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013,Em::Blocks etc
Kurt_R

[SOLVED] VISUINO - Issue with SD lib

Post by Kurt_R » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:39 pm

I might have discovered a bug in between Teensy and STM32duino.

I am cross-posting this to both forums.

In trying to test a pre-release of Visuino, a graphic Arduino programming solution, I was attempting to test the BUILTIN_SDCARD function when the Generated Visuino code failed to compile. Then when I open an Example, from the IDE under ‘SD’ the sketch, ‘CardInfo’, the BUILTIN_SDCARD line was missing from the comments section that lists the ‘chipSelect’ pins.

Here’s the example text that is correct:

Code: Select all

// change this to match your SD shield or module;
// Arduino Ethernet shield: pin 4
// Adafruit SD shields and modules: pin 10
// Sparkfun SD shield: pin 8
// Teensy audio board: pin 10
// Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 on-board: BUILTIN_SDCARD
// Wiz820+SD board: pin 4
// Teensy 2.0: pin 0
// Teensy++ 2.0: pin 20
const int chipSelect = 4;    
While this is the comments from the system that doesn’t work:

Code: Select all

// change this to match your SD shield or module;
// Arduino Ethernet shield: pin 4
// Adafruit SD shields and modules: pin 10
// Sparkfun SD shield: pin 8
// MKRZero SD: SDCARD_SS_PIN
const int chipSelect = 4;
I then created a clean Windows VM installed Arduino IDE 1.8.2 and TeensyduinoInstall.exe and the Generated file compiled fine. Next after some intense searching I ran across the board listings for STM32 on all three systems that didn’t work. Then I created a blank Arduino ‘sketch folder’ and after restarting the IDE, the Visuino Generated file compiled just fine.

So, I believe there are some incompatibilities between the STM32 and Teensy libraries/hardware profiles, but I don’t know what it is.
All I see is Can anyone else confirm this, by installing both of these and trying to view that Example sketch for the BUILTIN_SDCARD line.

RogerClark

Re: [VISUINO] - Issue between Teensy and STM32duino

Post by RogerClark » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:14 am

AFIK

No one else is using that IDE with any of the cores (STM32Duino or STM32Generic or STM's own core)

Really this is something you need to discuss on the Visuino forum, as the existing cores are only written to work with the official Arduino IDE.

I know people are trying to use these cores with various other IDE's like Visual Studio (Visual Micro), VS Code, Eclipse , Sleober etc etc
But all of these other IDE's seem to have some problem or another that don't make them 100% compatible.

Kurt_R

Re: [VISUINO] - Issue between Teensy and STM32duino

Post by Kurt_R » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:10 am

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/46041-Is ... post151902

It turns out that this is related to the default SD library being installed before the Teensy SD library.
All that was needed was to remove the the default one and things were back to normal...sorry for the trouble.

Kurt