STM32L4 Core

Cores are the underlying magic that make the Arduino API possible
GrumpyOldPizza

Re: STM32L4 Core

Post by GrumpyOldPizza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:39 pm

GrumpyOldPizza wrote:
GrumpyOldPizza wrote:
Guidoted wrote:Thanks for the quick answer!
I've tried manual installation but no luck... (Arduino 1.8.0 on W10-64)
Best regards
Guido
What was the problem ? Normally using the json file is simpler, but does the very same thing.
Sorry for the delay. Here the path to the json file.

https://grumpyoldpizza.github.io/arduin ... index.json

- Thomas
Ok, this did not work as it was supposed to ... Arduino 1.8.1 did cause some issues I had not seen before. New version updated to 0.0.23. I did put some instructions directly onto the github:

https://github.com/GrumpyOldPizza/arduino-STM32L4

Guidoted

Post by Guidoted » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 am

It worked immediately and flawlessly with my Nucleo-L432KC
Thumbs UP!
Thanks a lot and ciao from Italy
Guido

inaba_nl

Post by inaba_nl » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:45 pm

hey, i'm back after a while, wondering if the STM32L496 will be supported in the future sometime :P

it has less uA/mhz power consumption (320k), more sram and more flash (up to 1mb)

also, does anyone have an example on how to put the flash ic into XIP (or similar) mode, as the datasheet says it can, also provides some explaination, but i can't figure it out at all..

anyhow, keep it up!

gato_

Post by gato_ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:32 am

It has USB hooked up, but USB_VBUS is hooked up the wrong way, so you have to mess with a solder brigde.
Can you elaborate on that? I would really like to work on the l476 platform, and I don't mind giving away, say, the LCD. What adjustments would be required to use the STM32L476GDiscovery? Thank you

GrumpyOldPizza

Post by GrumpyOldPizza » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:08 pm

gato_ wrote:
It has USB hooked up, but USB_VBUS is hooked up the wrong way, so you have to mess with a solder brigde.
Can you elaborate on that? I would really like to work on the l476 platform, and I don't mind giving away, say, the LCD. What adjustments would be required to use the STM32L476GDiscovery? Thank you
Interesting. What is hooked up wrong, and what solder bridge is needed ?

GrumpyOldPizza

Post by GrumpyOldPizza » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:12 pm

inaba_nl wrote:hey, i'm back after a while, wondering if the STM32L496 will be supported in the future sometime :P

it has less uA/mhz power consumption (320k), more sram and more flash (up to 1mb)

also, does anyone have an example on how to put the flash ic into XIP (or similar) mode, as the datasheet says it can, also provides some explaination, but i can't figure it out at all..

anyhow, keep it up!
https://www.oshpark.com/shared_projects/I2wptmeg

No sure when we will have one shipping. No support for the Nucleo planned though for now.

XIP. Why would you want to have that, over a file system ? Main problem is how to get data onto the SFLASH ...

- Thomas

gato_

Post by gato_ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:36 am

GrumpyOldPizza wrote:
gato_ wrote:
Yes. That is my question

GrumpyOldPizza

Post by GrumpyOldPizza » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:37 pm

gato_ wrote:
GrumpyOldPizza wrote:
gato_ wrote: Can you elaborate on that? I would really like to work on the l476 platform, and I don't mind giving away, say, the LCD. What adjustments would be required to use the STM32L476GDiscovery? Thank you
Yes. That is my question
There is no solder bridge needed. The STM32L476 Discovery has USB_VBUS on PC11, while Dragonfly has it on PA9. So all you need to do is to create your own variant, and properly configure

Code: Select all

#define STM32L4_CONFIG_USB_VBUS  GPIO_PIN_PC11
The code does not use vbus sensing via PA9, as this is power consumption wise a nightmare. Instead the code monitors the TTL level on USB_VBUS ...

umejopa

Post by umejopa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 pm

I put a L433 on a bluePill and run it as Butterfly L433 and it works. Soo thanks for all work.
Change the board.txt to upload with ST-link-V2 as hade to move the boot jumper to get DFU upload.
Now I only the Port name ex PC13 to led are there any plan to have port name and pin name as we have on F103 bluePill ?
I can wright a #define PC13 39 // PC13 är Led and soo on to get my old program to work.
If I whant more Analog in how to change the file variant.cpp for that ? Soo I get all 10 A/D that the hardware support.
Ex PA2 that have A/D but not configed
{ GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_MASK(GPIO_PIN_PA2), GPIO_PIN_PA2_TIM2_CH3, (PIN_ATTR_PWM | PIN_ATTR_EXTI | PIN_ATTR_WKUP4), PWM_INSTANCE_TIM2, PWM_CHANNEL_3, ADC_INPUT_NONE },
For PA4 that have A/D configed it is like this
{ GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_MASK(GPIO_PIN_PA4), GPIO_PIN_PA4, (PIN_ATTR_ADC | PIN_ATTR_DAC | PIN_ATTR_EXTI), PWM_INSTANCE_NONE, PWM_CHANNEL_NONE, ADC_INPUT_9 },

Jonas

GrumpyOldPizza

Post by GrumpyOldPizza » Thu May 04, 2017 5:45 pm

umejopa wrote:I put a L433 on a bluePill and run it as Butterfly L433 and it works. Soo thanks for all work.
Change the board.txt to upload with ST-link-V2 as hade to move the boot jumper to get DFU upload.
Now I only the Port name ex PC13 to led are there any plan to have port name and pin name as we have on F103 bluePill ?
I can wright a #define PC13 39 // PC13 är Led and soo on to get my old program to work.
If I whant more Analog in how to change the file variant.cpp for that ? Soo I get all 10 A/D that the hardware support.
Ex PA2 that have A/D but not configed
{ GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_MASK(GPIO_PIN_PA2), GPIO_PIN_PA2_TIM2_CH3, (PIN_ATTR_PWM | PIN_ATTR_EXTI | PIN_ATTR_WKUP4), PWM_INSTANCE_TIM2, PWM_CHANNEL_3, ADC_INPUT_NONE },
For PA4 that have A/D configed it is like this
{ GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_MASK(GPIO_PIN_PA4), GPIO_PIN_PA4, (PIN_ATTR_ADC | PIN_ATTR_DAC | PIN_ATTR_EXTI), PWM_INSTANCE_NONE, PWM_CHANNEL_NONE, ADC_INPUT_9 },

Jonas
Jonas, the language does not parse well for me.

You can define in a variant.cpp whatever pinout you want. It's reasonable flexible. So starting off the Butterfly variant and then adding your own layout is the way to go.

Why would you not want to use USB DFU ? Normally the BOOT jumper is not required, only if you screwed up a sketch badly. Perhaps I should add double-RESET detection similar to Arduino Zero to have a safe way without having to touch the BOOT jumper.

For analog input you have to add "PIN_ATTR_ADC", and then change ADC_INPUT_NONE to the hardware ADC channel the pin is associated with. That you can read up in the datasheet.