Aynone used buydisplay ra8875??

External hardware connected to the STM32 board
umutgemisi

Aynone used buydisplay ra8875??

Post by umutgemisi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:47 am

Hi i bought buydisplay 9" display ra8875 and arduino shell. i m sending the images to tft via sd card is very slow and i want to try flash chip, backside the screen there is a an empty flash area. i bought 25q128fv flash chip for tft not soldered and have a programmer for 25q128fv. im searching a simple example for use that flash to use only view images to screen with uno or stm32f103cb (maple mini) are there any friends have an idea??
Thanks

stevestrong

Re: Aynone used buydisplay ra8875??

Post by stevestrong » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 pm

umutgemisi wrote:Hi i bought buydisplay 9" display ra8875 and arduino shell. i m sending the images to tft via sd card is very slow...
Any link to the display? Which display library?
Which SD card lib are you using?
Which SPI interface to SD card and which one to display? Which clock frequency?
Any code example?

umutgemisi

Post by umutgemisi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:15 pm

hi thanks for attention im searching that for weeks and i cant find anything for flash use :(
1- here is link that screen http://www.buydisplay.com/default/seria ... ga-due-uno
Thats behind the tft here is for 25Q128FV flash
thats flash programmer i used to
and thats for im trying for arduino uno and trying for stm32f103cb (maple mini clone)
i use the first arduino its a sd card slot on shield for arduino (its betwwen uno and display) image show is very slow with sumotoy ra8875 library
https://github.com/sumotoy/RA8875
and second one is 4 wire connected to maple mini with Adafruit_RA8875 library
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_RA8875
i think no need to use sd card for image view i can program the images to flash chip converting with raio bmp to bin converting software all bmp files is converting to "AllPic.bin"
http://www.raio.com.tw/Data/Datasheet/R ... elease.rar

and i havent any code example i m searching about example so much but nothing found any to show images on screen using that flash :(
Buydisplay send a code for use chip but its 8051 keil v4 project. i cant convert it 8051 different
have you an idea? Thank you

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Have you checked the Adafruit textmode example with the STM32 (maple mini) board? For that example you don't need any picture.

If it works, then you can go one step further and try to load a JPEG example (image stored in the chip flash space).
Check more info here: viewtopic.php?t=901.

umutgemisi

Post by umutgemisi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Thank you friend yes maple mini works with Adafruit. but its not about my flash 25Q128FV its using chip flash as you wrote and chip flash is not enought :( What a absurd a factory producing tft screen and slot for flash chip but any example how to use flash nowhere :(

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 am

A far as I know there is an SD card slot on the display board (left bottom part), which you could use to load the images from.
Just copy some 800x480 resolution images (JPEG or BMP) to a micro SD card, plug it to the slot and then use the JPEG library or Adafruit BMP example to load and display the wanted image.
For that you have to connect the maple mini to the SD card slot over an SPI interface, either the same as used for the display (using separate chip select pin) or the other SPI port (maple min has 2 hardware SPI ports).

EDIT
Just had a closer look on the specification and realised that you could also use the 8 bit parallel IO bus to interface the display. This would speed up a lot the displaying process.

umutgemisi

Post by umutgemisi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:28 pm

its successfully solved thanks for schuppeste