STM32F103C8 128K - USB unknow

All about boards manufactured by ST
manuvader

STM32F103C8 128K - USB unknow

Post by manuvader »

Hello, so I'm new to the STM32 world and I'm encountering some problems.

I am trying to install the bootloader on my STM32, and I am following these steps religiously:

https://www.electronicshub.org/how-to-u ... ootloader/

I can successfully burn the bootlader on my STM using the ST Flasher tool, but when I try to upload the code on the Arduino IDE, I just don't see the COM, because my computer doesn't recognize it for some reason.

I don't understand why this is happening, as I have installed already the necessary drivers for it to recognize the port.

Thank you so much for your attention
darkspr1te

Re: STM32F103C8 128K - USB unknow

Post by darkspr1te »

Which board are you using ? when you upload via st flasher do you reset the boot pins so it boots the new code(board dependent) ? is the st flash still connected when you repower the device and plug to usb ?

we will need a bit more info about your device, setup initial code , sequence of operation etc in order help

darkspr1te
GonzoG
Answers: 26

Re: STM32F103C8 128K - USB unknow

Post by GonzoG »

manuvader wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:25 pm (...) I just don't see the COM, because my computer doesn't recognize it for some reason.

I don't understand why this is happening, as I have installed already the necessary drivers for it to recognize the port.
(...)
You don't see COM port as there is none.
You need to flash sketch with USB COM port enabled (USB CDC) to get a COM port on PC.
But you don't need COM port to flash program in Arduino IDE. COM ports is used only to reset board into bootloader. You can do it manually by setting BOOT1 jumper to position 1 and resetting board.

Also you should use HID bootloader: https://github.com/Serasidis/STM32_HID_Bootloader
It's newer and better.

Return to “STM boards (Discovery, Eval, Nucleo, ...)”