Unable to see any output from serial monitor

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
HelloWorld

Unable to see any output from serial monitor

Post by HelloWorld »

Good day to everyone here, i am a beginner for nucleo l073rz (connected with I-nucleo-LRWAN1) and for the past 3 days, i have been trying to see my output from my serial monitor, but to no avail, nothings shows up.

Code: Select all

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);  // Initialize serial communication with a baud rate of 115200
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println("Hi");  // Print "Hi" to the serial monitor
  delay(1000);           // Wait for 1 second
}
These are the codes that i have been trying. If I toggle the builtin led, it works. But if i try to println something, it just does not work.

settings:
board 64
com 15 (exactly my l073rz port)
board part number l073rz
upload method = mass storage
enabled generic serial
Serial monitor baud rate = 115200

I have set the settings as above and still to no avail, i get no Hi from my serial monitor even though the debugging and build are success
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Unable to see any output from serial monitor

Post by fpiSTM »

I've tested and it works.
You should check if the STLink Rx/Tx are connected thanks jumper on CN2 connector.
Else with I Nucleo LRWAN, pay attention to the hardware configuration as be default it assumes having Serial connected to D0/D1.
Bue default config of the Nucleo boards was to not having pins connected to the connector.
https://github.com/stm32duino/I-NUCLEO- ... imitations

So maybe you alread rework your board and close SB then it could explain Serial does not works as expected as also connected to shield.
HelloWorld

Re: Unable to see any output from serial monitor

Post by HelloWorld »

Sadly,I am not using l073rz anymore as I'm using nucleo f411re to display the output in serial monitor...

Return to “General discussion”