Aliexpress delivery times

Anything not related to STM32
racemaniac

Aliexpress delivery times

Post by racemaniac » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:06 pm

i'm wondering what your recent experiences are with aliexpress delivery times.
the last few months normal cheap packages seem to be arriving a lot faster for me (belgium, western europe). a bit over 2 weeks ago i made about 10 orders, most of them arrived already, all standard chinese post shipping. I've been noticing the same pattern the last half year or so. it's rare for a package to take longer than a month, where as when i started using aliexpress a few years ago, a package taking a month was pretty normal.
What are your recent experiences?

zmemw16

Re: Aliexpress delivery times

Post by zmemw16 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:10 pm

funny i think i'm experiencing a slow down :) couple got to 4 days remaining.

most of my stuff is 3wks or under, best about 10 days based on order date. i always put the days count in the comments box.

stephen

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 pm

For me, last year average was around 20 days. This year the average has been around 15 days. The main explanation could be that I have preferred the few dollar deliveries promising quick deliveries. In the past, the free deliveries could have taken over 6 weeks. The delivery reliability has been around 98 or 99%. I am still wondering how they can do that with few dollars when I have to pay 5 - 10 dollars for US companies for shipping and handling.

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:28 pm

For me for normal shipping it's all over the place. I ordered some things a few weeks ago. Some arrived 2 weeks ago, like 1 week after ordering, and some are still in their way.
They do seem faster now than around new year or chinese new year times.
Also to the US whenever possible I use epacket shipping, that arrives most of the time in around 1-2 weeks, but some times does take more.
Normal shipping some times takes 1 week too, I can't seem to find why to make it repeatable... I suspect depends on packet origin, size, weight, and possible day of the week is shipped, it will end up taking one route or another.

Pito

Post by Pito » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Ask the seller for the tracking number (I got it even for $5 free shipping orders). You can track your parcel then in minutes resolution (also you see what happens with the parcel in China, their tracking system works fine). My experience with ebay/ali is that from the moment it leaves Chinese airport it takes always 1 week to my local post office. One exception was with my Black F407, it spent 3w in the air :) (it was around Xmas).
The seller usually issues the parcel into his local post office within 4-24h from the order, then it spends (based on seller's location) 0-2 hops between Chinese cities (0-3days), then it could spend few hours to 2days on the airport (checks, waiting on the flight to your region) and then it departures.. The shortest time I saw was about 6h from the moment the seller issued my item at his local office until it was in air.
Pukao Hats Cleaning Services Ltd.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Delivery times seem highly variable.

About 6 weeks ago, I bought 2 nRf52832 based smart watches ( to hack ) and they arrived in 2 weeks.

I bought another 4 watches from a different vendor, about 3 weeks ago, and they are still somewhere in the post.

The last batch has a tracking number, it it just says they are on route to a foreign country.

So tracking codes are not always that useful. If you want something to arrive quickly, play for EMS

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 am

Related to Aliexpress, I have been using Taobao as an alternative for items not available in Aliexpress - or lower prices. In several cases there, the delivery from China has been quite quick, only a few days. After that, the packets have been in Germany for several weeks. Once leaving Germany, they have arrived in my mailbox in one week.

racemaniac

Post by racemaniac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:45 pm

lol, a counterexample just arrived XD
something i ordered end december (and which has been refunded since it never arrived) just arrived XD.
i was wondering what was in it, since it mentioned IC's on the package and i wasn't expecting any XD.
A new record for me i think: 7+ months delivery time.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

That certainly is a record.

Some stuff recenvtky took 2 months, and I was in the process of getting a refund when it arrived...

I am not sure what happens on Aliexpress in terms if s refund. You could open a dispute in 60 to 90 days, and I am not sure if you would need to or be able to return the refund if it eventually arrives.

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 pm

racemaniac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:45 pm

A new record for me i think: 7+ months delivery time.
You give me hope that the i2c frams I ordered over 30 days ago may still arrive...