Aliexpress delivery times

Anything not related to STM32
zmemw16

Re: Aliexpress delivery times

Post by zmemw16 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 pm

consider the goods as compensation for bad service or as a penalty clause to a contract :?: :lol:
srp

racemaniac

Post by racemaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 am

zmemw16 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 pm
consider the goods as compensation for bad service or as a penalty clause to a contract :?: :lol:
srp
exactly :)
part of the deal is that the goods arrive within 60 days, if they don't, you get your money back
even if they still arrive, too bad for them.

fredbox

Post by fredbox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Prior to joining this forum, I had never ordered anything from AliExpress. Since June of last year, I have ordered from about 70 different sellers. Every item has been delivered. Only a couple were after the promised delivery date. In one case, the seller issued a small refund that I didn't request. A few times I have ordered an item and the vendor replied that the item was out of stock and I could either wait or cancel.

This is much better than my luck with eBay where several items never arrived and eBay/PayPal wouldn't issue a refund because it had been more than 90 days.

The delivery time promised by a seller seems to be fairly meaningless. Most items arrive 2-3 weeks after ordering, even if they say 30-50 days.

Also, non-urgent parts show up quickly. If you are waiting on a part to finish a project, it will have the longest delivery time.