Anything not related to STM32
mrburnette

Re: Linux Journal

Post by mrburnette » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm

ahull wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:14 pm
@Ray, dons his Dick Turpin costume and hijacks the thread. :P
:lol:
Well, hopefully not that terse of a move ... reckless interjection, perhaps. With 2 cups of coffee in my system, I am trying to remember exactly why I posted that to this thread...
Anyway, I am running the beta Chromium on this 64-bit Linux Mint and I am not at all pleased with how Google implemented the auto-start feature; what I thought was going to be a 'hard line' on this sort of autostart of multimedia on webpage activity has been reduced to just blocking streams with both sound+video. Video only seems to break-through easily. Further blockage requires user interaction on a site-by-site basis. PooPoo on Google and their Alphabet soup... they are beginning to act more and more like Microsoft every year.

Ray

ahull

Post by ahull » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:36 pm

...they are beginning to act more and more like Microsoft every year.
In my experience, once a company hits a critical size, any pretence at occupying the moral high ground goes out of the Window (or should that be Windoze) :lol: If the shareholders/advertisers/accountants want something badly enough, then to hell with security and the needs of the customer, get that feature out yesterday boys, if not sooner.

BTW Black suits you Ray.. :P
- Andy Hull -

ag123

Post by ag123 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:26 pm

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:13 pm

ok so that's December and Janurary issues at some point, maybe even a triple first issue in march??.
i would think they'd be at least one if not two issue(s) in advance.

stephen dusting and polishing his credit card