3d Printer on aliexpress

Anything not related to STM32
dev

3d Printer on aliexpress

Post by dev » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi
I was browsing 3D printer on aliexpress and found many results with different configuration.
I didn't used much and don't know much about it.

I want some suggestion for buying 3D printer.

My usage area will be aound 00x200x200.

Ollie

Re: 3d Printer on aliexpress

Post by Ollie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Dev,

It took me over 12 months to analyze my needs and evaluate the alternatives. For some small projects, the 2030 style would be enough, but the cost-performance ratio is not very good because the cost of the control system that is independent of the size. The 4030 or 6040 systems are not very much more expensive but are often heavier and more accurate.

You should pay attention to the programming (running G-code) of these machines. Most of them are running on Mach3, which requires an old computer with a parallel port and Windows XP or 7. There is a version using USB, but the OS requirement still is XP or 7. Many users have been unhappy with the electronics and replaced it with Gecko G540. Mach4 is not much better. It can run in virtual 32 bit Windows 8 on a Windows 10 machine.

For my robotics projects, I did purchase 6090L machine (4-axis, 2.2 kW spindle) running with an off-line controller. That controller can still execute G-code. If required, I can replace it with a UCCNC compatible UC300ETH/UB1.

If you are on this forum, you could perhaps build your own control system using the Arduino GRBL platform.

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:05 pm

oops - you were talking about Chinese 3D printer and I did read it as Chinese CNC router :oops:

dev

Post by dev » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 pm

I found following most sold 3d Printer.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Ne ... autifyAB=4

Few days back i saw 3D printer in 100$ on KickStarter but that time i wasn't thinking to have one.

Is there any tutorial with Motor driver board and display which can help me to built 3d printer instead of Buying new one(If i buy from China then i ll have to pay custom fee, which makes it more costly).

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:40 pm

I have a tevo tarantula... like the one you posted... a good kit printer but isnt perfect... There are some issues, i dont know if they fixed the design flaws yet... But i would still recommend it. Just do your research on the issues...

But like i say its a good kit, a good way to learn about 3d printing as you would likely wnat to do upgrades to the machine and print out new brackets and such...

On my printer i designed and printed a new set of corner brackets that included dual z motors and lead screws. And also designed a y axis duel rail mount for the bed.

My printer is now nearly perfect. I just have some slight z banding issue that I have yet to properly fixed... its caused by either two things.. my rods are both slightly bent (quite likely) or I might have slightly misaligned the motor mounts. more likely... i have tried designing and printing a caliper that should have removed the wobble but hasnt worked. Have another idea but ill do it when i can be arsed to...

For a kit the tarantula is great i think... not perfect but its cheap and a good entry point

dev

Post by dev » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks Nutsy.

Yes i saw reviews and all which says very positive about it.

What about reprap 3d printer? has anyone knows about it.