Hi Guys from a New Member

The official STMicroelectronics Arduino core
vidigi123

Hi Guys from a New Member

Post by vidigi123 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Guys I'm a electronic student from Naples, I came here because I was looking for some help with the Stm nucleo f401re. I have to build a speaker who receives music from bluetooth, sd card and usb flash driver. I was working with mbed and then iar workbench but with some difficults so i thougth about arduino ide. Someone could give me some useful link? Thanks to everyone who'll answer me.

mrburnette

Re: Hi Guys from a New Member

Post by mrburnette » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Welcome!

The forum is split between the Official boards and the clone boards.
I cover the links in this message: http://stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3073#p39605

Good luck,

Ray

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:08 pm

off in the wide blue yonder, as usual it seems

when someone registers and posts as required, could an auto reponse could be generated such that it inserts ray's 'excellent intro for newbies' in the thread as a first reply to the OP

only slightly tongue in cheek

stephen

mrburnette

Post by mrburnette » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:24 pm

stephen,

I think (have not verified) that Roger has the new-user sandboxed into this forum due to the issues with all of the SPAM-bots posting. As such, he may not wish to have an auto-response since the bot would then know it had a "good" address. I know Roger struggled with SPAM for a long time.

Thanks for the compliment on my previous links and welcome message. It really needs to be improved as I just wrote a few words as I was drinking my coffee. Plus, I think something that was signed "The Forum" would be better... like a community effort.

Ray

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 pm

sandbox is how i thought it was setup as well, a guarded environment.

i was thinking along the lines of 'well they'd want to read the reply to their first post', a good place to point the way forward. i thought ray's post was just an example of how to give gentle guidance to an initiate :)
google gives this, i quite like number 2
initiate
verb
verb: initiate; 3rd person present: initiates; past tense: initiated; past participle: initiated; gerund or present participle: initiating
ɪˈnɪʃɪeɪt/

cause (a process or action) to begin.
"he proposes to initiate discussions on planning procedures"
synonyms: begin, start off, commence, take action on, usher in; More
institute, inaugurate, put in place, launch, open, instigate, bring about, get under way, set in motion, trigger off, actuate;
establish, set up, lay the foundations of, lay the first stone of, lay the cornerstone of, sow the seeds of, start the ball rolling;
originate, pioneer;
informalget cracking on, get going on, kick off
"the government has initiated an extensive programme"
antonyms: complete, finish
admit (someone) into a secret or obscure society or group, typically with a ritual.
"she had been formally initiated into the movement"
a small group of people who share obscure knowledge.
plural noun: initiated
"it's a secret sign to the initiated"
introduce someone to (a particular activity or skill, especially a difficult or obscure one).
"they were initiated into the mysteries of mathematics"
synonyms: teach about, instruct in, coach in, tutor in, school in, train in, drill in, prime in, ground in, familiarize with, acquaint with, make conversant with, make aware of; More
indoctrinate, inculcate;
informalbreak someone in, show someone the ropes
"they were initiated into the mysteries of mathematics"
well i did say wild blue yonder, so if it's not a good idea to reply within the sandbox, maybe the first post made elsewhere might be an option.

i used to have a link pointing to the login page, now i have to select my username to get auto complete and login ... ... progress ?

stephen