Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Tell us about the cool things you've recently got
ahull

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm

There are three flat pack chips on the JJRC HC20 board, according to the images I can find of it online, but I'm not sure what they all are. Presumably one is a gyro, perhaps one is flash or more likely the radio and one, the microcontroller.

BTW the board is available as a spare part, for not much... so you might be able to build your own hexacopter with that as the brain, using those little SMT transistor to drive large mosfets and big beefy motors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJRC-H20-Rece ... Swax5YpXAu

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... 20&_sop=15

EDIT: .. and of course there is no shortage of candidates for the 32 pin mcu, ST has a whole bunch of Arm chips in that form factor, so we could get lucky, it may well be one of those.
- Andy Hull -

zoomx

Post by zoomx » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Andy,
you're right!
https://blog.banggood.com/hexa-flying-w ... 30950.html
The smaller chip is an XN297, it is a radio chip used in wireless mice
http://www.panchip.com/en/products_show ... =70&id=351
datasheet herehttp://opendevices.ru/wp-content/upload ... ceiver.pdf
Then there is a 6050 MPU and a Chomp ZC-4J01 :shock:
The latter chip is a mystery (or an error in the page?) but I found several version of the same board. Mine hasn't the little switch near the battery socket

ahull

Post by ahull » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 pm

"Chomp ZC-4J01" will be an in house designator for an off the shelf MCU with their in house developed firmware I suspect. Given the task, and the low cost nature of ARM boards, I suspect an ARM is the most likely... and given that there is already open source software for STM32XXX based quads and hexacopters, I think it is probably an STM32 or GDM32 of some description. I could of course be entirely wrong.
- Andy Hull -

ahull

Post by ahull » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Its been a while since I went on an ebay spending spree, but over the Christmas period I indulged in a little techno-retail therapy.

I've been mainly working from home since (while on holiday in India, and back home in Scotland because of the snow), so I have only just had a chance to collect the loot from my office.

There were two large cardboard boxes of "stuff" sitting on my desk when I arrived, and one of my co-workers enquired cynically was I building my own satellite. :D

Mostly I got what I ordered, but one item was damaged, and two were not as described.

Box number one was assorted "stuff" and box number two was my new toy (a Tronxy X1 low cost 3D printer kit, currently still in kit form).

The damaged item was a heated bed since the Tronxy X1 doesn't include one.

For those who haven't encountered such things, a heated bed is a flat aluminium backed PCB heater, with the emphasis on FLAT, since the idea is to stick your 3D creations to it, so if it is anything less than perfectly flat, then it is a problem.

For some reason, the supplier had sent this item in a black plastic bag with absolutely no other packaging. Needless to say, various bored postal workers around the globe had taken it upon themselves to alter its geometry in various interesting ways. Has anybody got any sensible suggestions for returning this to its original "flat within 0.1mm" geometry?

My rudimentary metal working skills have managed to get it back to "flat within a couple of mm, with no obvious twists or kinks", but I suspect I'm going to have to bond it to a glass plate to make use of it.

.. so that is going to be complaint number one.

I also bought some "conductive rubber finger cots".. which are conductive only if conductive includes "everything short of a perfect vacuum". I estimate their conductivity to be in the >100 Meg Ohm range, so no use for improvised sensors. They were too cheap to bother complaining about.

Finally I impulse bought another cheap set of digital callipers, as they stated they were steel, the picture in the listing showed steel ones, and the description said "steel". The delivered callipers were the cheaper, lower resolution "carbon fibre" plastic ones. I am going to complain on principal, however since they were less than half the price of a plastic ruler from my local supermarket, I do feel slightly churlish doing so.

More pictures of the rest of the techno-goodies to follow
- Andy Hull -

ahull

Post by ahull » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 pm

As promised, pictures of "stuff"... wrapped, and unwrapped.

Google photo album -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/aoNHe8H3ym6swEbT2

- Andy Hull -

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm

perhaps powering it with a suitably large weight applied to a flat object on top of it ?
srp

ahull

Post by ahull » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:22 pm

As well as three slightly beat up old Hohner Super Chromonica 48 harmonicas for £3.00 (total) plus shipping, I also squandered a further three quid on one of these..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colorful-Han ... 2749.l2649

Completely pointless (unless anyone can suggest a legitimate use for it), but lots of fun. :D

I blame "bigclive" for that purchase.

- Andy Hull -

ahull

Post by ahull » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 pm

zmemw16 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm
perhaps powering it with a suitably large weight applied to a flat object on top of it ?
srp
It is currently sandwiched in an a4 pad with a large pile of books and a couple of old laptops sitting on top. I have my doubts if it will do the trick, but we will see. :D
- Andy Hull -

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:12 pm

perhaps curving it the other way - x - = +
srp

ahull

Post by ahull » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:02 pm

A quick follow up.

The supplier of the heated bed has offered to ship a replacement free of charge asap.
The supplier of the plastic callipers has offered a complete refund.

Assuming both keep to their agreements, I think that is a pretty good result. :D
- Andy Hull -