Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Tell us about the cool things you've recently got
User avatar
BennehBoy
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by BennehBoy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Moon Rover? :D Of course you may have trouble getting it there.
-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

User avatar
ahull
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm

BennehBoy wrote:Moon Rover? :D Of course you may have trouble getting it there.
I'm going to need a BIG catapult to get it up there... I wonder how many elastic bands I'll need.
Maybe I should ask Randall Munroe -> https://what-if.xkcd.com/
- Andy Hull -

User avatar
ahull
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Nothing too exciting in today's postbag. Just a multi coloured collection of heat-shrink tubing of various diameters.

Image

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171892591657? ... EBIDX%3AIT
- Andy Hull -

User avatar
ahull
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 pm

A few more random items, from the last few months.
Image
4 LED Beads PIR Infrared Detection Motion Sensor Home Stairway Light Lamp
... this gadget works very well - £2.53 - obviously not much to it, and yes, you could hack it quite easily to get the PIR to do your bidding.

Image
10 Pcs Reed Switch Glass Normally Open Magnetic Induction MagSwitch 10W
Magnetic reed switches - ten for £0.99

Image
100pcs new 6 * 6 * 9.5 mm Micro switch push button (281750752014)
One hundred switches for £0.99

0.8L Profesional Ultrasonic Cleaner Digital Timer - NOT WORKING, FOR PARTS
(£10.00) - five minute repair, Poor solder joints on controller PCB.

Image
Dell B1165nfw Multifunction Printer DP/N: 810HK #4Pal29B
No other bids, I got two for £0.99 each - Customer returns. - A quick factory reset and both work perfectly.

Image
6x Black All Purpose Precision Tweezer Set Stainless Steel Anti Static Tool Kit ( 191819865548 ) - £2.48

Image

5pcs Mini 650nm 6mm 5V 5mW Laser Dot Diode Module Head WL Red
5pcs Mini 650nm 6mm 5V 5mW Laser Dot Diode Module Head WL Red
( 252309301921 )
5 lasers for £0.10 or to put it another way tuppence per laser.
- Andy Hull -

victor_pv
Posts: 1741
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by victor_pv » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:12 pm

You seriusly got 2 laser printers for 0.99?? :o

User avatar
ahull
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:47 pm

victor_pv wrote:You seriusly got 2 laser printers for 0.99?? :o
Yes, to be fair £0.99 each, not £0.99 for two, but with almost new page counts and one with an almost new toner (the second one had a similarly low page count, but no toner. A 3rd party toner was only £19.00).

I got a few other bargains from the same supplier, but those two were without doubt the bast.

The broken cheap little Ultrasonic cleaner has proved useful too, I cleaned my canon inkjet head with it, so that saved me £30.
Image
In effect it has paid for itself with that one job. It cleans my reading glasses better than almost anything I've tried too.
- Andy Hull -

victor_pv
Posts: 1741
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by victor_pv » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:29 pm

ahull wrote:
victor_pv wrote:You seriusly got 2 laser printers for 0.99?? :o
Yes, to be fair £0.99 each, not £0.99 for two, but with almost new page counts and one with an almost new toner (the second one had a similarly low page count, but no toner. A 3rd party toner was only £19.00).

I got a few other bargains from the same supplier, but those two were without doubt the bast.

The broken cheap little Ultrasonic cleaner has proved useful too, I cleaned my canon inkjet head with it, so that saved me £30.
Image
In effect it has paid for itself with that one job. It cleans my reading glasses better than almost anything I've tried too.
What kind of back alley market are you visiting? :evil:

User avatar
ahull
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 am

Seller selectstock1 - I suspect they are a warehouse clearance specialist.
DellPrinter.png
99p Printer
DellPrinter.png (30.71 KiB) Viewed 311 times
.. Oh and I just checked, the toner wasn't £19.99 it was £9.99 (Different seller)
Toner.png
Toner
Toner.png (25.58 KiB) Viewed 311 times
- Andy Hull -

User avatar
ahull
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland
Contact:

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by ahull » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:59 am

Today's ebay mailbag item - 2 x 8Gb micro SD cards. :D
Today's ebay return item - 2 x "8Gb micro SD cards" - actual capacity 100Mb :?

.. and the moral of the story is... SD cards that are too cheap to be real.. are too cheap to be real.

You would wonder how it is profitable to fake an 8Gb SD card, but it appears it is.. However since they only stung me for £2 ...and wasted half a day of my time trying to figure out why they didn't work in my phone, but appeared to work in my laptop (until I actually compared md5 sums of the files and the copies on the SD card).... I don't feel too bad about it. I had a sneaking suspicion they might be iffy.

Ebay dispute in progress. Meantime I found an Linux app that will allow me to "fix" them to 100Mb and when limited to that capacity they do actually "work"... now I wonder what you can actually do with a 100Mb ST card... not much I would think..

https://flashchiptech.wordpress.com/201 ... emory-car/
- Andy Hull -

racemaniac
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:09 am

Re: Andy's Postbag and random ebay links

Post by racemaniac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 am

ahull wrote:Today's ebay mailbag item - 2 x 8Gb micro SD cards. :D
Today's ebay return item - 2 x "8Gb micro SD cards" - actual capacity 100Mb :?

.. and the moral of the story is... SD cards that are too cheap to be real.. are too cheap to be real.

You would wonder how it is profitable to fake an 8Gb SD card, but it appears it is.. However since they only stung me for £2 ...and wasted half a day of my time trying to figure out why they didn't work in my phone, but appeared to work in my laptop (until I actually compared md5 sums of the files and the copies on the SD card).... I don't feel too bad about it. I had a sneaking suspicion they might be iffy.

Ebay dispute in progress. Meantime I found an Linux app that will allow me to "fix" them to 100Mb and when limited to that capacity they do actually "work"... now I wonder what you can actually do with a 100Mb ST card... not much I would think..

https://flashchiptech.wordpress.com/201 ... emory-car/
We're working with microcontrollers that have a fraction of a megabyte of memory XD
i could imagine plenty of things where even 100Mb would be plenty of memory for fun maple mini projects :D.

Post Reply