BennehBoy's Postbag

Tell us about the cool things you've recently got
User avatar
RogerClark
Posts: 6909
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by RogerClark » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Image does not seem to display :=(

User avatar
BennehBoy
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by BennehBoy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 pm

RogerClark wrote:Image does not seem to display :=(
I hate google photos. Should work now.
-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

User avatar
BennehBoy
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by BennehBoy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Breadboard is getting a bit busy, need to re-org it since the production system will drive 8 displays (they fit perfectly into a CB cutout).

Image
-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

User avatar
RogerClark
Posts: 6909
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by RogerClark » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Looks amazing

stevestrong
Posts: 1608
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by stevestrong » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1761#p23199
BennehBoy wrote:Some bits arrived today...
10x SSD1306
5x Arduino Pro Mini clones
1x CH340 USB to serial adapter
1x MPU9250
Set of clip multimeter probes
Cannot see the image now, but yesterday I could...

User avatar
BennehBoy
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by BennehBoy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:56 am

Sorry, I probably need to use different image hosting, googles photo platform isn't really designed for hotlinking images. It's just so easy to sync to directly from android.

Another item arrived in the post today:

10x 8 pin SOIC/SOP to DIP adapters - these are for some L9637D's I have on order.

Image
-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

User avatar
BennehBoy
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by BennehBoy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Slim pickings in the post today (not the actor)...

pair of L9637D Serial to K-line drivers.

Image
-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

racemaniac
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:09 am

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by racemaniac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:03 pm

BennehBoy wrote:Sorry, I probably need to use different image hosting, googles photo platform isn't really designed for hotlinking images. It's just so easy to sync to directly from android.

Another item arrived in the post today:

10x 8 pin SOIC/SOP to DIP adapters - these are for some L9637D's I have on order.

Image
I'm building quite a collection of such adapters :) (for all kind of packages/pincounts).
And can you imagine my frustration when i wanted to us a 10 pin adapter i had on a 10 pin SOP, and then noticed my IC had 0.5mm pin spacing, while the adapter was for 0.67mm pin spacing...
(but you can read about that in another thread, how i took a knife and bent the pins a bit wider :p ).

User avatar
BennehBoy
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by BennehBoy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm

racemaniac wrote: (but you can read about that in another thread, how i took a knife and bent the pins a bit wider :p ).
:lol: :lol:
-------------------------------------
https://github.com/BennehBoy

User avatar
RogerClark
Posts: 6909
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: BennehBoy's Postbag

Post by RogerClark » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 pm

racemaniac wrote: And can you imagine my frustration when i wanted to us a 10 pin adapter i had on a 10 pin SOP, and then noticed my IC had 0.5mm pin spacing, while the adapter was for 0.67mm pin spacing...
(but you can read about that in another thread, how i took a knife and bent the pins a bit wider :p ).
Had to do something similar when I screwed up a PCB and left a dummy PCB symbol (8 pin 0.1 inch pads) where it should have been 0.5mm spacing.

Luckily I was able just to spread the pins on the device (a Hall effect current sensor)

I've also done the reverse. Squeezed the legs together on a 8 pin DIL chip and solder onto 8 pin SMD 0.5 mm spacing pads, to repair a disk drive (many years ago). Worked fine and got be a free disk drive, as the company I was working had thrown it away as someone had managed to blow up a buffer chip.
Amusingly a week later they asked if they could borrow the disk back as they'd blown up another one ;-)

Post Reply