Rogers postbag

Tell us about the cool things you've recently got
RogerClark

Re: Rogers postbag

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:15 am

Hooked it up to STLink and I read the firmware from the STM32

So I've backed it up, as I may just want to flash something I compile in the Arduino IDE into it instead of whatever is in there.

I suspect the code is the same as is published on the Chinese site codeforge and also on https://www.dssz.com/2774971.html

I think both of these sites seem to sell code for small amount of money, but there is no way I'm giving them my credit card details ;-)

If I get time later I'll see if any data is being spat out via its TX and RX ports which I suspect are serial
Attachments
flow_sensor_stm32F103_fw.zip
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 am

Any link to the module source?

I had a quick look on Aliexpres, these modules are much more expensive than an OV7670 camera module, what could be the reason?

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 am

@stevestrong

They are different from the OV7670 as they are not a camera, they are a motion sensor, which is basically the same as in an optical mouse
but with the lens like a OV7670 module

I bought the cheapest version and did not expect the STM32 on the board.
In fact the STM32 may be more of a problem than a help, as comms to it are possibly only via serial.

I think the motion sensor its self is either I2C or SPI, so I don't really need the STM32 on this board, unless I can use it for additional sensing

Well perhaps I can make it do some processing

At least the firmware in the STM32 was not read protected, so I was able to back it up, so could put my own code on there and if I wanted I could restore the backup later

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:53 am

I could not find any optical flow sensor with the STM chip on board.
Where did you buy it from?

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:29 am

eBay

I did not order one with STM32, but the board I received is the STM32 version.

I can find the vendor, and post a link, but it's hard to know if anyone ordered from the same vendor if they would get the same as I received, as it did not show the STM32 in the photos when I ordered it

zoomx

Post by zoomx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm

:shock:

I checked my board and there is not any STM MCU only the Avago ADND3080 sensor. So my board is shorter. I never seen a board like this one. There is another board that has a 640x480 camera and a ultrasonic sensor.

These sensors are used in optical mice, they have not any bayer filter and they can reach a very high framerate.

Edit:It seems that these board are not very common.
I find the code in some places like CodeForge but I believe that before downloading you have to upload some code in order to gain some points. I found many copies of the rar file and they all are the same.

Edit2: yes, you have to gain one point to download, so you have to upload something to gai this point. Comment give only 0.1 points.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Umm.

I found the same board in Alibab, but I agree it's not common.

I don't know why I received this type of board as it's not what I ordered.

I could upload some code to that site e.g. The bootloader, but I don't know if it's worth the effort, or if it's an automated thing or moderated. Otherwise I could just upload a load of empty files to get points. Or something else from GitHub ;-)

Anyway, if there is a library or any code to communicate with the sensor, I could simply compile that and upload to the board via STLink

zoomx

Post by zoomx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:04 am

RogerClark wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 pm
automated thing or moderated.
I just signed up and on uploading found this
* Point paid to download your source code will be rewarded to your account. The better the code, the more Point you will get.
Hint
  • If it is your first time to submit source codes, please refer submitted codes first.
    It is better to search on the website before submission to avoid sumbitting identical or similar source codes.
    If you can not find the language in the language list, please select "other".
    Keep tags short, precise and complete, please use only "," to seperate.
    If there are codes in your description, please use "insert code" buttonto insert codes and select programming language. This will make your source codes beautiful and attractive.
    Please DO NOT submit non source codes materials.
    Submitted source code will be reviewed in 24 hours. The result will be sent to you via email.
Edit: Tested. After signing in I uploaded an ESP8266 sketch and wrote a brief description. I have to wait for an evaluation.

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:47 am

OK. Perhaps its moderated

So they probably search for the code. Uploading obscure code may get you more points !

ahull

Post by ahull » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:20 am

Code: Select all

char*M,A,Z,E=40,J[40],T[40];main(C){for(*J=A=scanf(M="%d",&C);
--            E;             J[              E]             =T
[E   ]=  E)   printf("._");  for(;(A-=Z=!Z)  ||  (printf("\n|"
)    ,   A    =              39              ,C             --
)    ;   Z    ||    printf   (M   ))M[Z]=Z[A-(E   =A[J-Z])&&!C
&    A   ==             T[                                  A]
|6<<27<rand()||!C&!Z?J[T[E]=T[A]]=E,J[T[A]=A-Z]=A,"_.":" |"];}
... something like that perhaps? ;)
Shamelessly stolen from here => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscation_(software)
- Andy Hull -