Introduction

Ray M.

Introduction

Post by Ray M. »

Hello, I'm Ray form the U.S. I'm middle aged and have been an electronics tech most of my life. I worked in the defense sector and now telecom.

My hobbies are mostly outdoors, Fishing, hunting, camping, motor sports. When the weather is bad I'm inside building projects mostly from metal
and welding. I'm a motor head and fix up old cars and farm equipment too.

I got hooked on micro controllers a several years ago. PIC, AVR, and now STM32 building custom projects like alarms, ignition / injection system and of
course communications. When I leaned MCU's that was in the 1980s. I remember ASM coding by hand and avoided MCUs and digital for decades :lol:

Arduino changed all that and I fell in love with it. With modern boards like UNO and Nucleo it is so easy to make projects that used to involve a lot
discrete parts and one off boards even wire wrapping ugh. PCB mills and free layout tools make boards easily available now.

My latest project is automotive and I'm making an ECU. So I learned all about CAN, OBD, Timers and PWM.
hannana

Re: Introduction

Post by hannana »

Ray M. wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:50 am Hello, I'm Ray form the U.S. I'm middle aged and have been an electronics tech most of my life. I worked in the defense sector and now telecom.

My hobbies are mostly outdoors, Fishing, hunting, camping, motor sports. When the weather is bad I'm inside building projects mostly from metal
and welding. I'm a motor head and fix up old cars and farm equipment too.

I got hooked on micro controllers a several years ago. PIC, AVR, and now STM32 building custom projects like alarms, ignition / injection system and of
course communications. When I leaned MCU's that was in the 1980s. I remember ASM coding by hand and avoided MCUs and digital for decades :lol:

Arduino changed all that and I fell in love with it. With modern boards like UNO and Nucleo it is so easy to make projects that used to involve a lot
discrete parts and one off boards even wire wrapping ugh. PCB mills and free layout tools make boards easily available now.

My latest project is automotive and I'm making an ECU. So I learned all about CAN, OBD, Timers and PWM.
I'm also learning about Controller Area Network (CAN) & On-Board Diagnostics (OBD). Hope we can share knowledge with each other

Return to “Let us know a bit about you and your projects”