Virtuino - smart bletooth application

Working libraries, libraries being ported and related hardware
aster

Virtuino - smart bletooth application

Post by aster » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 am

I would like to introduce this wonderful app for the creation of bluetooth interfaces
I am not going to describe it since there are a lot of documentation, immages and videos, check them in the links below

Virtuino

you could download it from the google store
library: download
there are also some tutorials but all is straigh forward: tutorial

in the last months i have been in contact with its creator, Ilias Lamprou, to make it compatible with the stm32duino core and now all works, i made it compatible with quite all the boards we are currently using as maple mini, F103c8 and also the bigger F4

if you find any bugs write here!

P.S: i don't take any money from it, i just did it because i needed it for a project

RogerClark

Re: Virtuino - smart bletooth application

Post by RogerClark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:46 am

What is different about the STM32 library?

Doesn't it just communicate via a serial port ?

aster

Post by aster » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:59 am

nope the library is made to control arduino style boards in a easy way from android mobiles

you can turn on pins, set pwm, read analog pins, send and receive text all through bluetooth

stevestrong

Post by stevestrong » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:37 am

Any plans to share the project on Github?

zoomx

Post by zoomx » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 am

I found an error in a example schematics, yhe one using an Arduino Uno and a ESP8266.
This
doesn't work since the 3.3V regulator of an Arduino UNO and most of the clones is unable to supply enough power to an ESP8266.

Then the sketch uses a fixed IP but doesn't explain that you have to avoid to use an IP that is already in use by another device.

The idea seems to be a sort of Firmata sketch in Arduino and a configurable App on the smartphone that is the best value of the entire system.

The Arduino code is provided, the Android APP code instead is free with in-app purchases. Since the Arduino code is known you can write your own application for remote commands.

aster

Post by aster » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:38 pm

stevestrong wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:37 am
Any plans to share the project on Github?
the projet is not mine so i don't have any say in this (but i agree that it would be nice), if you want send me a PM and i will give you the email of Ilias

zoomx, really i never used the ESP8266, but i will say it to the author of that part