Is anyone interested in helping to make an Arduino Due which uses [edited:] a 100-pin STM32L471

Working libraries, libraries being ported and related hardware
lkcl

Re: Is anyone interested in helping to make an Arduino Due which uses [edited:] a 100-pin STM32L471

Post by lkcl » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am

martinayotte wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 pm
The STM32F042 has the USB, but I didn't verify the pinout compatibility.
ah nice, thanks martin, i'll check it. if it's crystal-less operation that would be extremely useful. edit: yess, it does. and pricing iis.... aa comeooon ST, Get With The Prograaaammme... it's $0.90 for the TSSOP20 variant! nggghh i might as well use the 070 and a crystal sigh. the STM32F070F6 on st's website is listed as $0.50 and you can get crystals for $0.10 to $0.15 - there's no pricing incentive to buy the 040 if it's more money than the components it's designed to replace!

... other than that, nice find martin :)

pin-out-wise yes it looks like the familiar pattern i'm seeing on the 030 and the 072. checked the datasheets: yes they match. i really like that ST do that, keeping pin-compatibility.

lkcl

Re: Is anyone interested in helping to make an Arduino Due which uses [edited:] a 100-pin STM32L471

Post by lkcl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 pm

i've got all the parts, and the PCBs here, i'm off to HK this morning, been very busy, will get a chance to do assembly later in the week but comms in SZ are f******d, insane censorship, you have to actually break the law and operate as a common criminal in order to communicate through certain resources. it was such hassle last time i was there i just won't bother this time. however if i have the chance to get it assembled before the 9th i'll take some photos and post them before going to SZ. otherwise it'll be after the 13th.

lkcl

Post by lkcl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:44 am

ok interestingly this time, by taking a HK SIM card with CN roaming capability, and a HK global roaming "Pokefi", i had absolutely no censorship issues whatsoever. however the moment i went outside of the main Shenzhen area (to the Nanshan district) the 4G capability of the Pokefi cut off. ironically i was so busy at Shenzhen Maker Faire and setting up i didn't have *time* to do assembly :) at least though i was able to pick up the processors from my friend. STM32F427VIT6 i think it was. i'd really like to find something that's not as expensive as that, yet still has a minimum of 256k RAM.