Port manipulation - LCD 8bit parallel

Working libraries, libraries being ported and related hardware
diger67

Re: Port manipulation - LCD 8bit parallel

Postby diger67 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:50 am

stevech wrote:there's FSMC w/DMA driver code in the HAL libraries - you could use that, or adapt that, or just study it.

Using the DMA is the next step. DMA is useful when transferring the dump from SD to TFT. To use the text and primitive enough FSMC. Adafruit library contains a set of functions required. It is just necessary to port to stm32. In this library,I like the function change font size. In other libraries, it is not.

I looked proposed library. The library management software and TFT SPI. My version of the hardware control.

DavidJ

Postby DavidJ » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:29 pm

I am looking for an ADAfruit libary for the STM32F108 to interface an 8bit ILI9325.
This code looks promising but I get the error: stm32f10x_gpio.h: No such file or directory
I tried copying that file everywhere, but no luck.
Help would be very much appreciated.

zmemw16

Postby zmemw16 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 pm

trying a search for stm32f108 on stm's site, no such thing

simple google for ili9325 gives 2nd link as
https://www.adafruit.com/product/335
and the 3rd link as
http://tronixstuff.com/2013/04/26/tutorial-arduino-and-ili9325-colour-tft-lcd-modules/

stephen

martinayotte

Postby martinayotte » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:48 pm

The F108 is actually a F103 with the mouth closed ... :lol:

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Googling for that file, shows that its part of STMs old CMSIS.

The libmaple core does not use the CMSIS because of historical licensing issues.

You will need to comment out that include, and then see what functions are called, and them change the library to use the libmaple equivalent functions, or possibly manipulate the hardware directly.

zmemw16

Postby zmemw16 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:59 pm

martinayotte wrote:The F108 is actually a F103 with the mouth closed ... :lol:

surely you mean F10o :)

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:20 am

I'm not sure if this helps (I'd need to test it)

But I've been working on the HAL as a library.

I'm not sure if one library can include another library, but this may be a way to port some code based on the CMSIS albeit as long as that code is compatible with the CMSIS that is generated by the STM Cube

mrburnette

Postby mrburnette » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:18 pm

RogerClark wrote:<...>
I'm not sure if one library can include another library<...>

Yes, but since our STM32 build system is C++, you may want to put a few neurons into exercise-mode and think out how these libraries should interact. For example, you could simply subclass a library or you can simply instantiate the first library object in the second library and use its member functions; just as we would use Serial.print within a library for diagnostics. In thinking about this, the "gotcha" is that if you intend on using inheritance to extend the first class you may start down a road that is very convoluted and filled with landmines. Just a simple non-polymorphic use should present no issues, IMO. (Warning: I have not had my 1st cup of coffee, so anything I say could in itself be filled with landmines!)

Ray

RogerClark

Postby RogerClark » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Thanks Ray.

The HAl library, isnt really a library, its just a way to get the IDE to compile and link the STM HAL files, and read in all the headers, so that the HAL functions can be called inside the sketch.

The HAL is written in C, and seems to just be a load of disparate files, each with a grouped set of functions in them.

But its a lot of files, I have not counted them, but it looks like 100'ish, and takes up several megabytes.

Anyway, its rather experimental at the moment, but may be useful to some people.

mrburnette

Postby mrburnette » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:47 pm

RogerClark wrote:<...>
The HAl library, isnt really a library, its just a way to get the IDE to compile and link the STM HAL files, and read in all the headers, so that the HAL functions can be called inside the sketch.
<...>
But its a lot of files, I have not counted them, but it looks like 100'ish, and takes up several megabytes.
<....

Ah, ha... my ignorance with the use of the terminology. My concern was that generally library objects instantiated do not have virtual destructors ... things can really get ugly :o

Ray

Return to “Libraries & Hardware”