Just wanted to add some things to this thread.
I need to make sure I found the right version of the sketch and then will post it, but I had the following all working together under FreeRTOS 8.2.1 as included in the core:
ILI9163 display in SPI2
Sdcard in SPI1
Hardware timers, playing a wav file read from the sdcard.
DMA transfers for both SPI sdcard and display.
I did use Mutexes to make sure the SPI ports would not be used at the same time, because I was using the SPI.setmodule function. Since that functions selects one port OR the other to be used with SPI functions, I needed the mutex to make sure only one would be used at a time.
I did in the past test rewritting the ILI9163 library to use SPI2, coded in the library, not using SPI.setmodule, and that did work fine too, but I think I still used mutex to not have 2 functions use the SPI ports at the same time. May not have been needed.
What I can say is, at the point I pushed the SPI DMA routines to the repo, both SPI 1 & 2 ports could be used with DMA in the same sketch as long as mutex were used. I do not know all the changes that have been pushed to the repo since then though, something may have broken.
Also I do not remember if the SPI dma functions may share some variable between both ports, they may, in which case if you try to use one port while a previous transfer has not finished for the other port, it may corrupt some variable and cause issues.
P.S. correction, I had all the above working on CoOS. I do not remember if I tested the same in FreeRTOS, but have no reason to believe it would not have worked the same.
Working libraries, libraries being ported and related hardware
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest