Red Pill or Blue Pill?

Generic boards that are not Maple or Maple mini clones, and don't contain the additional USB reset hardware
Slammer

Re: Red Pill or Blue Pill?

Post by Slammer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Very nice! Thank you

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:55 pm

rasmus wrote:I did a STM32F103 pinout diagram, comments are welcome.

http://reblag.dk/wordpress/wp-content/u ... iagram.pdf

Regards
Rasmus Friis Kjeldsen
Very nice! What did you use to produce that?
-rick

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:58 pm

I think the SWD pins might be mislabeled. Isn't SWCLK PA14 and SWDIO PA13? They are labeled PC in the pdf file.
-rick

michael_l

Post by michael_l » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Very nice. I like this.

How about a webpage where you can search pins by e.g. port name? Simple javascript would highlight corresponding pin in the picture.

mrmonteith

Post by mrmonteith » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:27 pm

michael_l wrote:Very nice. I like this.

How about a webpage where you can search pins by e.g. port name? Simple javascript would highlight corresponding pin in the picture.
To add to that I'd see a use for when you highlight a pin it gives a balloon help with a description of what the pins is used for. This includes the alternate uses. Might as well wish big.

I do love those pinout pictures. I end up printing them out on photo paper for reference.

Michael

Rick Kimball

Post by Rick Kimball » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:30 pm

mrmonteith wrote:
To add to that I'd see a use for when you highlight a pin it gives a balloon help with a description of what the pins is used for. This includes the alternate uses. Might as well wish big.

I do love those pinout pictures. I end up printing them out on photo paper for reference.

Michael
A while back I had done something like what you both want using google spreadsheets. The one I did was for the LPC1114FN28. Once the page fully loads, you will see some of the boxes have a black triangle in the upper right corner, If you hover over the pin it shows a description for that pin.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

-rick
-rick

rasmus

Post by rasmus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Rick Kimball wrote:I think the SWD pins might be mislabeled. Isn't SWCLK PA14 and SWDIO PA13? They are labeled PC in the pdf file.
Good spot! PDF updated. I used Libre Office Draw by the way.

Cheers
Rasmus

michael_l

Post by michael_l » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:04 am

Rick Kimball wrote:
mrmonteith wrote:

Michael
A while back I had done something like what you both want using google spreadsheets. The one I did was for the LPC1114FN28. Once the page fully loads, you will see some of the boxes have a black triangle in the upper right corner, If you hover over the pin it shows a description for that pin.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

-rick
Very nice ! I would say you were ahead of your time.

arhi

Post by arhi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:05 am

Hi guy's, I replaced the R10 from 10k to 1k5 (0603 is original resistor but 0805 fits ok) but on the schematic I see that R10 goes between D+ (after R11) and 5V but on my board it goes to Vcc3V3 and not to 5V rail ?! ... how many variants of these boards are there?!

I took a short video with microscope of mine (with replaced R10) if anyone care to look ..
https://youtu.be/eAvqU8QzRwU

RogerClark

Post by RogerClark » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:33 am

The Maple mini pulls D+ to Vcc, not 5V so it should work OK.

We have noticed that some "BluePill" boards have 10k resistors fitted, some have other values, so it looks looks like a "BluePill" is not always the same as the other BluePill boards that people have.

I don't have any BluePill's but I have some of the rare RedPill boards; however your board is different from my RedPill as well, (not just the colour).

It looks like the USB connector is different. It appears to be a micro USB but has 4 fixing points and also they seem to have a cutout in the PCB under the USB socket, so I presume its slightly recessed into the board.