Usb device not recognized

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
BaartCM

Usb device not recognized

Post by BaartCM »

I am using a custom board I designed with STM32F103. I won’t need usb on the actual units but for purposes of debugging etc, I included access to the pins.

I have a desktop pc with an older Arduino installation and Rogers core in the Arduino/hardware subdirectory. I also have a windows 10 laptop with Arduino ide 1.8.9 and the stm32 boards installed using the board manager version 1.9.0. If I upload a blink sketch from either of these sources, it works, my led flashes exactly as told to do but only when the board has been loaded from the old version/core does the usb work. If I load the sketch from my laptop, I get usb device not recognised and it doesn’t matter which device I plug it into, if the sketch is loaded from the laptop, neither the laptop or the pc recognize it, if it is loaded from the pc, both laptop and pc recognize it. It’s like the core on my pc gives it the correct credentials and the one on the laptop gives it false ones. I have tried selecting different board variants.

Any ideas guys?
by GonzoG » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:38 am
Have you enabled USB CDC support in board config in menu ??
Go to full post
GonzoG
Answers: 27

Re: Usb device not recognized

Post by GonzoG »

Have you enabled USB CDC support in board config in menu ??
BaartCM

Re: Usb device not recognized

Post by BaartCM »

I have now and it works. Thank you so much.

Return to “General discussion”