[Solved]How to use USB micro port on BluePill

Post here all questions related to STM32 core if you can't find a relevant section!
pwrgreg007

Re: [Solved]How to use USB micro port on BluePill

Post by pwrgreg007 »

Hi Gonzo, thanks for your assistance. I have made the code change you suggested. After running this update, the LED remains on and 'USB Not Recognized.'
In Arduino I have the settings:
CDC (generic 'Serial' supersede USART)
U(S)ART support: disabled.

The Blue Pill is powered only from the USB port connection. The computer recognizes my phone with the USB cable I'm using, so should be four-wire.

The drivers I have loaded are from install_STM_COM_drivers.bat which contains the following. They appear to be 'Maple' drivers.

Code: Select all

@echo off

echo Installing STM Serial driver...
"%~dp0wdi-simple" --vid 0x0483 --pid 0x5740 --type 3 --name "STM Serial" --dest "%~dp0maple-serial"
echo.

pause
When I go to the STM site it mentions a driver, with the comment "Starting from Windows® 10, the STSW-STM32102 driver is no more adequate and the usage of the native inbox driver is recommended." Do you know what that means? It would appear that I don't have the correct USB driver loaded, and that there may not be one for Windows 10.
Thanks in advance!
GonzoG
Answers: 27

Re: [Solved]How to use USB micro port on BluePill

Post by GonzoG »

@pwrgreg007
You have installed maple driver for maple (Roger's Clack) core or rather assigned a driver that's in system.
It's not needed for Windows 10, as it's properly assigned.

If your board isn't recognized ("descriptor request failed" or something similar), it might be because your board have fake STM chip.

Return to “General discussion”